Crankworx Slopestyle 2005 (pics)

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having just comeback from the crazy weekend that is know as Crankworx at Whistler, you can safetly say that the sport is definately progressing

Having pretty much gone up there to checkout the slopestyle
it was definately the event to see
plenty of crashes, a few injuries and some massive tricks

It pretty much became standard that you had to hit either the big teeter or ladder drop at the start of the course, and the Giro container drop at the end of the course was also a compulsory stunt.

The major crashes included Tim Pritzel coming off the big road gap to take no further part, Robbie Bourdon was another casualty landing ackwardly on an attempt of a backflip on a hip jump, Kyle Strait (with the worst mullet to ever grace the earth) getting thrown of his bike on a big double due to a mechanical and another rider destroying his shoulder after an attempted super man of the container drop.

The tricks themselves were massive from the backflips and tailwhips of the huge doubles, to 360s, supermans tailwhips of the drops. One of the more interesting lines included riding the curved wall ride as a skinny and dropping off the end.
Without a doubt the best moment of the event was Berrecloth sticking a 360 of the huge road gap at full speed, this just came out of nowhere and the crowd just went insane. His final run was flawless, inlcluding a 360 of the hip after the road gap followed by a super man of thebig double to 2 footed can can of the container drop yet it was only good enough for second.
Paul Basagoita linked up a 360 of the quater pipe into 2 consecutive backflips finishing with the tailwhip of the container drop. Awsome run yet i still feel Berrecloth should have taken it out.
All in all an awsome spectacle

In the Jump Jam today Cam McCaul cleaned linking up consectutive 360 into a backflip cross up one footer which looked awsome.

Im uploading pics atm and they should be up tomorrow

Last edited:

Ryder

Likes Dirt
Do you have to be a member of this photo site to view the pics? because all I keep on getting is the websites symbol?
Perhaps its just my internet.

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ryder said:
Do you have to be a member of this photo site to view the pics? because all I keep on getting is the websites symbol?
Perhaps its just my internet.
crap, i hope not
hmmm ill just check it out

robbyloveday

Likes Dirt
woah they are some bloody awesome photoes matey. And i didnt have to sign up on the site either i really like the little slideshow option.
musta been pretty sweet being on the scene... i like how they have changed it quite a bit from last years.

soapy

Likes Dirt
that kyle strait stack...i was just below the landing and it was 1 of the biggest stack's i have seen... hope some-one got video tape of it as it will deffantly make a dvd somewhere.... he flew over the whole double without his bike and hit hard down onto the tranny...

wtr

Likes Dirt
I would've gone there if I didn't have to build a new bike to replace the stolen one...:mad:

Roly

Likes Bikes and Dirt
omg that looks soooo awesome :cool: :D .

Those dirt jumps at the end look like they are built so well and look so smooth and big... :) :) :) :) :)