Cranks for my Black Market Riot

brad353

Likes Dirt
can anyone suggest some good cranks for my black market riot? currently has 170mm, 8 tooth spline eastern ones which i think have come off a night train. i bought the frame new and had the bike shop help me select the parts to go on it, and was a little uneducated on bmx cranks and bottom brackets at the time and kind of let them do the selection. now they're bent and i need new ones, but after looking around, it seems that there's not much of a crank range for that type of spline. is it possible to fit a different bottom bracket with say a 48 tooth spline or something? sorry if this is a stupid question. the shop i bought it from hasn't been very helpful, and you'd all be surprised if i told you that shops name, but i won't. thanks peeps

eljordo407

Likes Bikes
Any bottom bracket goes with 48 spline cranks, just gotta make sure that the bb size matches the size of your spindle.

As for cranks, Profiles or Odyssey Twombolts are great, depending on what your budget is.

If you're looking for 8-spline cranks, I'm running Stolen MOB cranks and for $72 including postage off CRC I couldn't recommend them enough, a bit heavy but bomb-proof (think of a certain 95kg person doing countless stair sets) for the price.

Last edited:

brad353

Likes Dirt
thanks a heap mate. i checked out those stolen mob cranks and they look pretty decent. probably no heavier than the cranks i have now anyway. i think i'm going to buy those.

just for future reference for myself though, you're saying the spindle which i have can be replaced for a different one with a different spline, without replacing the bottom bracket, provided the spindle diameter is the same? again sorry for the dumb questions