Corsair Bikes

Mojo

Likes Dirt
have only just seen them, just posting it up to see what people know about them and what they think of them, i am interested in getting one but waiting to see all the models they are going to bring out

BTW, im not advertising for them, just want to know more!

check them out
http://www.corsairbikes.com

There DH bike

There Slopestyle Bike

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 233
  • 0 bytes Views: 237

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
woW There pretty Snazzy now aren't they. i can't wait for the d/j bike to come out that will be hawt.

Last edited:

Icarus

Likes Dirt
I'm very interested in these bikes. Nice and adjustable headangle, travel length ect. See the little air shock on the DH? Removable, which is good (7" without, 9.5" with). I'm looking forward to seeing the other two (yet to be released. A freeride, and a hardtail if I can remember). Any Aust distributer? Or am I going to have to do it? :)

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I love the spec of the full DH world cup build, very nice indeed! The suspension animation is a nice touch and very interesting also.
The red and white frame colour looks superb!:D

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Corsair sound [& look] to be amazing & i'm pretty sure someone is going to be bringing them into Oz some time in the future but i'm not 100% certain as to who it may be as yet. Either way I can't wait to see one in flesh & have a ride on one.

There is a little write up about the slopestyle frame here

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
We saw their tent at crankworx and had a talk to the bloke there - can't recall his name sorry. The slopestyle frame was off the hook, really nice quality and finish and seemed well thought out. Apparently the 4X frame will be of the same design.

From what I picked up talking to the bloke there currently isn't an australian importer. He's a good friend of Rando apparently and I got the feeling there was something in the works through that group of contacts. He said he was on his way down under soon though so maybe if you desperately wanted one he could bring it with him then...pure speculation though.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I love the spec of the full DH world cup build, very nice indeed! The suspension animation is a nice touch and very interesting also.
The red and white frame colour looks superb!:D
I agree...chances are your going to have a few issues draging your bashy along the ground if you utilize that 'Air Shock Blow Off' region...still facinating design!

Shorty40

Likes Dirt
My wallet is scared without even knowing the price :eek:

Awesome looking bikes though - that DH rig is a work of art :cool:

Icarus

Likes Dirt
Thanks to dhRENO.

Corsair is a new bike line focusing on downhill, freeride and slope-style riding.

Doug Stuart, the man behind FSA and Gravity’s leap to prominence is leading the development of a new high-end mountain bike company with offices in the Pacific Northwest and Utah.

Corsair Bike’s vision is to be a leader in technology, performance and graphic innovation and Stuart has assembled a team of talented and experienced friends whose youth, energy and passion for the mountain bike experience will be instrumental in achieving that goal.

“There are a lot of skilled people and great brands out there, but I believe that my extensive industry experience, combined with our fresh, yet uncompromising tech approach will set Corsair Bikes apart. Our product is leading edge, the suspension designs are pioneering, and our commitment and ability to support our distributors, dealers and riders is confirmed by my years of success at Specialized, Marin and FSA.”

Corsair Bikes product line for 2007-8 consists of six purpose built models: downhill, freeride, all mountain/trail, slopestyle and dirt jump. Each model will employ the highest level of fit, finish and new technology to create a product that is perfect for riders that want the best in every sense. “these bikes should be unequaled for young savvy riders who have discovered cycling through freeride and lift assisted riding and racing – people who know what high performance is, and won’t settle for less” says Stuart.

Corsair bikes will be sold through the IBD network and selected national accounts in the US and Canada as well as through international distributors in all key markets. First deliveries will start during the summer 2007. The company is currently in discussions with several international distributors and plans to hold additional meetings while attending the Taipei Bicycle Show later this month.

You can preview the new Corsair line at Sea Otter Classic, Crankworx, Eurobike and Interbike in 2007, and keep an eye out for the Corsair Lion in magazines and online later this year.
http://dhreno.wordpress.com/2007/03/22/corsair-dh-fr-and-slope-style-bikes/#more-630

Mojo

Likes Dirt
i wanna buy everyone. haha unfortunatly they dont have cool colour choices like nicolai but, hint-hint nudge-nudge mr corsair:eek:

-Jordan-

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I really shouldn't have looked at this. Looks like I'm going to be in debt for a little longer. :eek:

Icarus

Likes Dirt
So how does the Maelstrom work? The main pivot is just above the front derailler right? And that black bar has a pivot around or near the BB?

Nice bikes though. Great range. Covers almost all main riding areas.

J-ack

Banned
Wow, Never even heard of or seen them before, but they look great! The Ducat looks fucking mint!

Are SS dualies the way of the future?