Convert Specialized Rims to Tubeless

pmitch

Likes Bikes
Looking for some ideas and advice on tubeless conversion kits to possibly convert my rims to tubeless. Ever since changing from my Specialized tyres to Schwalbe's I am getting pinch flats left and right. Patching and changing tubes is no fun at all.

Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Looking for some ideas and advice on tubeless conversion kits to possibly convert my rims to tubeless. Ever since changing from my Specialized tyres to Schwalbe's I am getting pinch flats left and right. Patching and changing tubes is no fun at all.

Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/sho...ELESS-all-you-need-to-know&highlight=tubeless

specialized rims arent anything special or different - green tape, valves, sealant, lots of shaking about, and an air compressor.

pmitch

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the reply. Any clues on the Stans tubeless kits. They don't seem that expensive for what you get. I already have tubeless ready tyres, so that is all I should need.

Any ideas where to buy them in Melbourne? or am I better off ordering them direct?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Thanks for the reply. Any clues on the Stans tubeless kits. They don't seem that expensive for what you get. I already have tubeless ready tyres, so that is all I should need.

Any ideas where to buy them in Melbourne? or am I better off ordering them direct?
cant help for melbourne, but i prefer the green tap to the stretch over rubber - it gives more space to fit tight tyres - you can also use gaffer tape (the tearable, waterproof stuff), but everbodies opinions are in that thread - concentrate on the longer posts, dont read the chat.

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
I just had my Specialized rims done two days ago by the Spesh LBS. Apparently Spesh have their own type of rim tape (blue in colour), bit of stans and sealed up first go. Ask your Spesh LBS.

pmitch

Likes Bikes
They are DT Swiss rims. I tried tape and I couldn't get them to inflate. The guys at My Mountain said I might have that issue and the easiest way with my rims is to use a Stan's kit. I put the kit and and bingo bango, they inflated, finally fully sealed up and now they are ready to ride tomorrow.

Forrest - here we come.