Confessions from the fuckwits

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
JB Weld it.
Haha. Tempting... The intermediate piece is sitting on enough of the undamaged face of the hanger that it adjusted up ok. But hangers are not wildly expensive and I’ll always know the evidence (assuming it doesn’t fail later) of fuckwittery is there...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Haha. Tempting... The intermediate piece is sitting on enough of the undamaged face of the hanger that it adjusted up ok. But hangers are not wildly expensive and I’ll always know the evidence (assuming it doesn’t fail later) of fuckwittery is there...
Sure, buy a new hanger to have in the toolbox, but just run it as is. It won't make a difference.

Please do post up the Orange rep's reply to your email about their faulty hanger design though ;)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sure, buy a new hanger to have in the toolbox, but just run it as is. It won't make a difference.

Please do post up the Orange rep's reply to your email about their faulty hanger design though ;)
Ill keep this one as a spare. I fessed up to the fuckwittery, hopefully he has one in stock! I wasn’t implying they’d screwed up, was wondering if shimano had done something different for 12 speed after already screwing up the chain length by using the same method is used forever on every chain install ever!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Ill keep this one as a spare. I fessed up to the fuckwittery, hopefully he has one in stock! I wasn’t implying they’d screwed up, was wondering if shimano had done something different for 12 speed after already screwing up the chain length by using the same method is used forever on every chain install ever!
Aha I was just taking the piss, don't worry. Definitely also my first port of call when something isn't right - "okay who (definitely not me) fucked this up?"

cammas

Seamstress
So after getting some 180mm XT rotors off @hifiandmtb I decided to install them tonight, so after 30-40 mins trying to find the 180mm i.s. mount I knew I had somewhere, I go ahead install them.
The front is nice and easy as it was already 180mm just SLX so just a rotor swap and alignment tweak.
Now swap the the mount for the rear, swap rotor go through alignment of caliper beautiful no rubbing sweet. Before I finish I’ll just double check the mounting bolts for the adapter, damn it I didn’t tighten them :rolleyes: just threaded the bolts in. Okay tighten bolts then redo the align again no noise, now I’ll double check the front bolts just to make sure I did tighten them up, okay I least got them right.