Confessions from the fuckwits

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
So, my wife has a habit of killing washing machines with hair pins (I hear this isn’t unusual for the weaker sex). Last machine, I was able to clean out the pump half a dozen times over a couple of years, but eventually, it killed the pump, and was cheaper to replace than repair.
Got our new one 18 months ago, based on it having an excellent filter, but last night, one snuck through. Pulled it apart, got out the hairpin, gave the wife numerous serves, and pranced around the house for hours, basking in the glow of being an excellent handyman/fixit guy (which I am totes not), and reprimanded the wife repeatedly about killing the machine again. Soooo, I started the load again, pointed out to the wife numerous times that it was working perfectly, thanks to me and me alone.
Nek minit (well, 30), I notice water seeping, nay, running out into the kitchen from under the laundry door. Seems that some fuckwit forgot to put the pump out hose hack into the trough, and instead left if laying on the floor. Best part was that the laundry was currently full of boxes and my daughters craft collection on the floor.

I actually wish my wife had said something scathing, rather than just wearing a smug, superior smirk for the next 2 hour, while helping to clean up the mess.:doh:
Bwahahahahahaha

Although, from my observations this happens almost as regularly as fuel mix ups at casa Moore....

+1 for polished concrete.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Even the smirk would be ok - but you just know the right has been reserved to bring up the fuckwittery later when you least expect it.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I've had guests do similar, cleaned the trap on a front loader, put the machine on then left for the beach. Unfortunately didn't secure the trap properly and it popped.

By the time the managers called us out, the room was 6" under water with waterfalls down internal walls for 3 floors!

stirk

Burner
Was not going to post this but seems its topical to washing Thingamajigs and fuckwittery....

I spent 4 hours on the weekend installing a dishwasher a colleague kindly donated to me.

Took me a while and lots of muscle to remove the modular cupboard where the dishwasher was going to go. Spent a fair amount of time too trying to remove the little section of already cut plinth only to find later after removing the cupboard the plith was integral to the base the cupboard sat on and not clipped onto legs as I suspected.

Anyway I drilled the hole into the ubend pipe for the waste hose and noticed the sink was full of water from doing dishes earlier. I said to the wife, "don't unplug the drain in the sink until I attach the dishwasher"

I then got distracted by the dog biting me, took it outside then saw the sink full of water and unplugged it, realised what I'd done when my feet started to feel wet, fuckwit.

As it turns out the dishwasher is too small to handle our normal sized plates, doh!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Was not going to post this but seems its topical to washing Thingamajigs and fuckwittery....

I spent 4 hours on the weekend installing a dishwasher a colleague kindly donated to me.

Took me a while and lots of muscle to remove the modular cupboard where the dishwasher was going to go. Spent a fair amount of time too trying to remove the little section of already cut plinth only to find later after removing the cupboard the plith was integral to the base the cupboard sat on and not clipped onto legs as I suspected.

Anyway I drilled the hole into the ubend pipe for the waste hose and noticed the sink was full of water from doing dishes earlier. I said to the wife, "don't unplug the drain in the sink until I attach the dishwasher"

I then got distracted by the dog biting me, took it outside then saw the sink full of water and unplugged it, realised what I'd done when my feet started to feel wet, fuckwit.

As it turns out the dishwasher is too small to handle our normal sized plates, doh!
i have helped install a dishwasher with a chainsaw. Bar oil up the window is a nice touch.

Plates not fitting is a all to common theme with dishwashers.

stirk

Burner
i have helped install a dishwasher with a chainsaw. Bar oil up the window is a nice touch.

Plates not fitting is a all to common theme with dishwashers.
Standard (to me) 28cm diameter plate, American size plate, European dishwasher problem?

I've always assumed you would...
I feel like we are family.

Get new plates. Consider it portion control.
That's actually a good idea but its spoiled by the whole seconds movement running riot in my house, plate size and portion control are powerless to the seconds.