Complete under $1200

dj3

Likes Bikes and Dirt
since he had an NS suburban for the last forever!
god your his next door neighbour, you should know.

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
STFU get out of my thread. Stop filling it up with useless chit chat.
Why is it that with every thread I make, you always have to comment? FSS just leave me alone kid.
Have you decided what bike yet? I would go the Endevour, colony make great bikes.

howie_two4

Likes Dirt
Have you decided what bike yet? I would go the Endevour, colony make great bikes.
Welll...I was looking on Backbonebmx againnn. And to build up my dream bmx, it will cost me around $1600ish, only $600 more than a stocko complete. So I am a little unsure what to do at the moment. Ahh wtf, I think I might build one up :)

This is what I'm looking at building up...

(All parts from Backbonebmx.com.au)
Frame: Tempered Treason v2 purple
Forks: Colony Official purple
Bars: Colony Bloody Oath pearl gray
Stem:Colony Official gray
Front Wheel: Shadow Rant hub purple laced to Primo/Fly rim silver
Rear Wheel: Shadow Rant v2 purple laced to Primo/Fly rim silver
Cranks: Fly v2 (already have :)) black
Pedals: Odyssey pc (already have) white
Brake: Odyssey Evo 2 purple rain

Straight cable and no pegs.

Sounds okayish?

Last edited:

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds tight, but IMO I'd try and match it up a bit more, e.g matching frame/forks/bars and matching hubs.

As for building it up - as long as you've got a sufficient grasp on all the technical know how and varying specs (things like spindle/sprocket sizes, hub/rim spoke count and etc) than you should be fine. You did build about your current bike alright; BMX's are only a bazillion times more simple.

GUMP

Likes Dirt
sounding pretty rad dude. good choice of companys as well.should be pretty simple to put together backbone will lace your wheels to if your concerned about that aspect of bike building.

Rhysty, Tyson and the other Backbone dudes are very good to deal with give em a bell and they will look after you, im ringing this week for my new bike build thats in the pipe line.

gump