Complete bike sales categories

landy_man

Likes Dirt
Perhaps the complete bikes section should be classified the same as the frames.. i.e. 5" plus, etc etc..

Seems very strange that "all mountain" and "trail" bikes are in the same section as hardtails, dj, 4x etc..

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This sounds like a good idea. All mountain should be a section all it's own. In complete bikes AM bikes are mixed throughout the Downhill section and Enduro sections. Would make it a lot easier for potential buyers and sellers to track down/put there bikes in the right spot. Afterall the Freeride forum was changed to the All Mountain forum, would make sense to me :)

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All mountain fits nicely into Cross country/Enduro... Does it not?
Not necasserily. The way i look at it, XC/Enduro bikes are 100-140mm whereas AM Bikes are around 150-160mm. Techniqually they are a larger travel bike, so they can fit in with the Downhill bikes aswell. At the moment there is a bunch of AM bikes in both Enduro and DH sections.

landy_man

Likes Dirt
Not necasserily. The way i look at it, XC/Enduro bikes are 100-140mm whereas AM Bikes are around 150-160mm. Techniqually they are a larger travel bike, so they can fit in with the Downhill bikes aswell. At the moment there is a bunch of AM bikes in both Enduro and DH sections.
yep.. totally agree 100%.. maybe the downhill section needs to be 'Downhill/All mountain" ...

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep.. totally agree 100%.. maybe the downhill section needs to be 'Downhill/All mountain" ...
I don't think that they should be combined. All mountain bikes have reached a point where there not really Downhill bikes and not real Cross country bikes. I think as such they should have there own section.

landy_man

Likes Dirt
I don't think that they should be combined. All mountain bikes have reached a point where there not really Downhill bikes and not real Cross country bikes. I think as such they should have there own section.
yes, that would be nice but I can't see it happening..

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If all-mountain bikes had there own section then how would you define an all-mountain bike? It could technically be anything.

I found it a little difficult to find a place to sell my reign because it can be different things to different people. A less the 5"/more then 5" thing could work but it wouldn't solve it... A 12.2kg nomad carbon would then be in the downhill section....

It's not that hard to look through each section but I aggree its a little outdated.