Commencal Meta 4.1 - As New ** SOLD**

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Item: Commencal Meta 4.1 Size: Large (suit 5'10" - 6'2")
Item Condition: As New!! Ridden for around 4 hours. 2 very small scuffs from brake hose rub. Other than that it is immaculate.
Reason for selling: New, bigger bike. I bought this bike in 2007 and due to work commitments it didn't get ridden until this year. After riding it I decided to go for a bigger bike.
Price and price conditions: $3200 pickup in Melbourne (Carlton) or freight at buyers expense.
Extra Info: These bikes got rave reviews by all who tested. It would make a great XC/Enduro Race or general Trail bike and is quite a bit lighter than the popular Meta5 range. It's an excellent climber with bags of traction from the contact system rear end and really confidence inspiring on the downs with it's more relaxed geometry. This frame (2007) came with the stronger & stiffer triangular swingarm. In 2008 Commencal switched to the single beam type and some of these failed. This 2007 model was not plagued by these frame problems. Of note, the 2009 models have gone back to a similar triangular swingarm. Unfortunately the pics don't do this bike justice. Gets plenty of admirers on the trail.

Spec is as follows:

Frame - Meta 100 with Fox Float RP2 shock

Forks - Fox 32 F100RL

Rear Derailleur - SRAM X0

Front Derailleur - Shimano XT

Shifters - SRAM X9 (3x9)

Chainset - RaceFace Deus XC

Bottom Bracket – RaceFace Deus X-Type

Stem - RaceFace Deus XC high-polish

Handlebars – RaceFace Next XC Carbon (These were an upgrade)

Saddle - SDG Ti-Fly Titanium

Seatpost - Thomson Elite

Front Brake - Formula Oro 18k 160mm (these are from the Italian brake company rather than the cheap Taiwanese Co of the same name!
Had a few Q's so thought I would clear this up.)

Rear Brake - Formula Oro 18k 160mm

Brake Levers - Formula Oro

Rims - Mavic XM317 Disc

Front Hub - Commencal Ultralite Disc w/XT skewer upgrade

Rear Hub - Commencal Ultralite Disc w/XT skewer upgrade

Tyres - Maxxis Larsen TT 26x2.00 Kevlar

Includes spare derailleur hanger

Pictures: See below

Attachments

Last edited: