Commencal 2011 Atherton Replica

RMS116

Likes Dirt
Few different colour changes over the past few years. Black, yellow, orange and blue. They're awesome bikes. I wonder if the forks will be kashima coated. Cant really tell in the photo.

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd seen the new colour scheme in a magazine recently, just cant recall which, Decline? Understated cool, a nice change. I would say yes to the coating since the forks are available now to mere mortals like us.

I really, really, really want an Absolut titane 4x bike. I might sell a kidney or something else I only need one of.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Really like commencal and this new bike is no different, looks the goods and if i had the choice right now would be my next bike for sure.

From looking at the new supreme 8 geometry wise the chart i saw it seems like its designed for DH race everything about it seems so geared towards downhill except the fact it runs single crowns, Personally i cant see much benifit of getting one when its probably worth going for a supreme dh straight up, however if the pricing is significantly cheaper it will be a very good way to go for a first dh bike or someone who doesnt want to spend too much on a bike that is DH orientated.
If anyone else has better info on it be awsome.

Few different colour changes over the past few years. Black, yellow, orange and blue. They're awesome bikes. I wonder if the forks will be kashima coated. Cant really tell in the photo.
From what Iv read there will be no choice in whether you have kashima coating on your forks or not, the fork models Fox produce with kashima coating will all have the coating as there new standard coating supposably.
I also heard that the price will not change which is good news for all of us.

Im not 100% sure on all this so dont quote me on, however It is what I'v read from various sources.

Last edited:

niki125

Likes Dirt
Read a while ago in one of the Fox press releases that the kashima coating will not be on the OEM forks.

heavyp

You heard it here first
8k is alot and i can only see the price of bikes going up which is kinda sickening.

It terms of being a cheaper version i dont think it would be a atherton replica if there was a cheaper one with cheaper components, it may come as a frame set ?

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
8k is alot and i can only see the price of bikes going up which is kinda sickening.

It terms of being a cheaper version i dont think it would be a atherton replica if there was a cheaper one with cheaper components, it may come as a frame set ?
Yeah bikes are going up in pricing, so thats why the second hand market is coming alive, and last year the sales of bikes topped the sales of cars (thats a lot of bikes:p). You will also see many people deciding to build their bikes, and sadly, this will have to be the way to go if you want something as special and unique as this, so hopefully a replica frame will be released, but dont get too excited as this will also empty your wallet:eek: