Collarbones

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
All good until you have kids that look up to you, you put them on bikes at 1yrs old (pic is my youngest riding on 2 wheels a 2yrs 10 months in 2009)

Age 7-10 they want to see all your awesomeness, they put you on a podium, you need to perform.

10-12 they then start hitting shit but dont have my skills, they call me Daddy McCaskill... ok im going for it !!!

13 + they are faster off the start but have no stamina... big jumps and crazy shit, they are way out now.

I told them, I am getting older and slower, they are getting older and faster, at some stage they will overtake, I reckon that's about now.

They still dont have the all day, multi day but they don't care about that.

View attachment 364012
It must be different for women. The older my wife gets the better she gets. 5 years ago she hadn't ridden a bike since childhood. Now she does 24hr solos and Everestings. Where as my back gets worse and I ride less. It's about the love though. I feel like a teenager when I go out. Especially on new trails. Just can't ride like one...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Both collar bones at the same time @Lazmo ?
Na, two separate accidents, on the same bike, about 6 months apart. First one on the track at about 200kph and the second one on the road near home at about 20kph.

I actually re-broke the first one, about a week into it, buttering a salada one handed without my busted side properly in a sling, just looping my thumb into my shirt buttons, big mistake. The salada flicked off the bench and I just automatically caught it with my brummy arm... snap, or re-snap really. Fricken hurt like hell, way worse that the actual accident. Then what was a pretty good 10mm crossover, deteriorated to the 40mm abortion that I'm stuck with now.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It must be different for women. The older my wife gets the better she gets. 5 years ago she hadn't ridden a bike since childhood. Now she does 24hr solos and Everestings. Where as my back gets worse and I ride less. It's about the love though. I feel like a teenager when I go out. Especially on new trails. Just can't ride like one...
.easy . Saying things like "she gets older" might lead to you not getting much older