Club Ride Sat 15th of July 2.00pm Web Park

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
Hi Aaron

I finished my light this arvo, went out for a ride in the rain to check its water proofness. So far so good. I found the helmit light a pain in the fog.

I have found a web site selling good high powered LED lights same size as the halogen down lights. Will be looking into this over the next week.

I have got your bty on charge, will bring your setup back to the shop next week.

Sorry I missed the ride guys, I'm currently on my 8 speed HT which is a bit more forgiving in the mud, maybe next time.

Did you ride the XC course or was it to muddy??

aaron01 said:
I'm out on this one guys a bit to wet for me, Will also pass on the night ride as in my experience I have found that water & batteries/lights don't mix to well. Will post up another night ride for next weekend.

boltz

Likes Dirt
Yeah awesome ride this arvo guys. I reckon there's a big future for mtb drift. Riding single track with the back wheel spinning and a fair amount of opposite lock on the bars has got to be the next big development in mtb. Then there's two wheel drifting across clay with both brakes on, gaining speed!
O yeah- it was also *#!& cold @#$%^ freezing and slow. I suggest that next time rain is forecast for a club we head to Daisy Hill or somewhere with sandy trails.

CAB

Likes Dirt
SCHOEY said:
Chris, your a champ for riding your DH bike up the range, big effort.
what do you mean ride you mean push lol thats not mud this is mud.

Last edited:

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great ride. Wouldn't have missed it for anything. Chris you're a deadset legend riding that big thing up all those hills. We ended up doing about 26km which is pretty respectable given how hard it was to ride.

In answer to your question Damian we did not ride the XC track. Sections would have been fine but the black soil sections that are not compacted in would have been unforgiving. What would be great is if some people could get down to the XC track early this week and do some laps on it, especially the new section.

Finally I have been guilty in the past of giving lefty's shit but after witnessing how good they go in the mud methinks I was wrong. Steve did not need to stop and clear his bike like the rest of us except maybe once. Now Aaron no need for I told you so's.

CAB

Likes Dirt
Road Rage Ryan said:
We ended up doing about 26km
Does that include your ride home or is that just to the bottom of that random street we came out on at the top of the range?

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Chris that was 26km back to my place which is only about 1km from where we came out. So you probably rode another few km's on top of that.

mtbcrazy

Likes Dirt
Yes, I agree Boltz, I went out this morning with the Brian Page group and it was still pretty sticky. I tend not to go off road now when it rains.

I rode the XC race at Adare, was wet muddy and very sloppy in places. Best part was that it was not sticky mud, more sandy. It was a lot of fun and quit challanging. Best part i did not come dead last, third last to be exact.

Very good course down there, shame it's on private property.

boltz said:
I suggest that next time rain is forecast for a club we head to Daisy Hill or somewhere with sandy trails.