Club Ride Sat 15th of July 2.00pm Web Park

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now that the XC track has been complete hopefully we will try to get a few regular club rides happening. There will be a club ride this saturday leaving from Webb Park at 2.00pm. The ride will probably be an easy paced ride but on the longish side 20-30km.
See you there.

Ryan

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SCHOEY said:
i'll be there, could we get an intinerary?
2.00 - Start Ride at Webb PArk
2.15 - Thinking about how hard the ride will be
3.00 - Done first big hill starting to rethink why on ride
3.30 - Couple of sweet single track sections make it all worth while
4.00 - Another stupidly big hill. Honestly when Ryan says it will be easy he's full of crap.
5.00 - Finally back to Toowoomba. Half of lung still somewhere at the bottom of range.

Is this what you had in mind Jason?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmmmmmmmmm

RRR said:
Is this what you had in mind Jason?
Sort of...........:confused:
2.00 - Start Ride at Webb PArk
2.15 - Thinking about how hard the ride will be (road ride to Mary St)
3.00 - Done first big hill starting to rethink why on ride (Mary St?)
3.30 - Couple of sweet single track sections make it all worth while (Rainrut, Frenzy, Rollercat x 1,2or3? to make 20-30Km? )
4.00 - Another stupidly big hill. Honestly when Ryan says it will be easy he's full of crap. (Crappy fire road beside DH track)
5.00 - Finally back to Toowoomba. Half of lung still somewhere at the bottom of range.​

How did i go? It was a game of read between the lines, wasn't it?

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not bad almost right. After speaking with Aaron he suggested we go up mary down Rain Rutt, down DH track or parts of it to xc track then do lap come back up half of DH fireroad and head down sandstone creek track then come back up range either via middie, grass tree etc.

itsajoke

Likes Dirt
I'm looking unlikely for the day ride because I've got to spend the day trying to fortify my yard. A very tricky Husky did some escaping today so I need to do some digging and paving. If I work hard then I can ride.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What are everyones thoughts on still doing the club ride. We havn't had much rain so I am still keen. But I don't want to be the only one showing up.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm keen pending the rain today, I did give the roadie ride a miss due to the condition but MTBs are a bit more forgiving in the wet :D, Are we still up for the night ride too?? Looking at the weather web site & they are both saying 20%chance of rain today & 100% chance tonight :(

Last edited:

CAB

Likes Dirt
Yer Ill still do the club ride today but I think Ill get a lift back to the top and anyone else that wants one is welcome aswell.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If the weather stays the way it is now, i can't see a problem with still doing the ride/s. My bike hasn't got a lot of clearance for lots of mud, so I will just have to see how it goes.

CAB

Likes Dirt
Dont know how muddy it will be, shouldnt be to bad as we havent had much heavy rain. Shouldnt be too bad but.

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Times like these I still wish I had the single speed. I'll make a decission last minute I've just got over a case of the flu & with the 12hr only 2 weeks away I don't want to get another if I do come out I guess I'll be out on the scott today the cannondale isn't keen on mud etc.

Last edited:

aaron01

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm out on this one guys a bit to wet for me, Will also pass on the night ride as in my experience I have found that water & batteries/lights don't mix to well. Will post up another night ride for next weekend.

CAB

Likes Dirt
nice and warm now. Great ride everyone and now we know lefty's are good in the mud:p . How many k's did we do ryan??

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aaron you don't know what you missed out on, it was soooooo much fun.:rolleyes:

Ryan, Steve, Chris and myself went from Webb park to rainrut, fireroad across to frenzy (riding the chute @ frenzy on my v-brake equipped HT in the wet was not the smartest thing i have ever done). Then had to walk a bit cause the mud didn't agree with clearances on our bikes, except for Mr Lefty (steve) who managed to ride the lot. Rode the bitumen back in to Withcott, got a good shower while riding up through tabletop estate, then went back out onto the range & went up the middle for a bit, then back onto bitumen cause it was too muddy. Finished off with toll bar and a nice warm shower when i got home. Lets do it again sometime, but maybe go somewhere it's a bit sandier (word?) with a little less clayee (word?) soil.

Chris, your a champ for riding your DH bike up the range, big effort.
muddy DMR.jpg