Club race at Adare - 24th July

boltz

Likes Dirt
The TMBC have been invited to a club race at Adare (near Gatton). It is being run by TRC (The Riders Club - a Brisbane based club), on John Pinnell's property 'Adare'.
If you haven't done a club race before, it's nothing serious - just serious fun riding with a group of like minded people.
There is a great trail network there, and it's probably a little different since the January flood.
Here's the details:

The next TRC club race at Adare is on Sunday week at the farm. Yep, we're switching to Sunday for these next two in the lead up to the 4-hour in September.
Split track provides accessibility to the newbies and a challenge for the gun riders, depending on which class you enter.
Entry is $10 - cheap us chups! If you have no license, day licenses are available.
Rego is at 7am, racing at 8am.
Hope to see you there.
JP
Here's a link to TRC web site which has a map with directions.
http://www.trc.org.au/index.php?opt...l&agid=46&year=2011&month=05&day=29&Itemid=51

Post up if you're keen and we'll organise to share transport.

boltz

Likes Dirt
Come on guys, this is a track built and maintained by a small core of volunteers from another club - sounds familiar?

We really should support them, just as we'd like them to support us at our future events.

John Pinnell would certainly like to see some riders come down from the range.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Would have loved to go, but just found out that i have other commitments on Sunday now.

Last edited:

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
HI Steve,

I would like to go, and thanks for organising it -- but if I am going to be working on tracks
on Saturday, I'm going have to meet my family obligations on Sunday morning.

So if I get a ride, it will probably be the Rollercat in the afternoon. No slight
intended.

Kind regards,

Matt

boltz

Likes Dirt
Thanks for giving it your consideration fellas. Fitting our love of the mtb around other commitments and priorities can be a tough balancing act hey.

boltz

Likes Dirt
Late race report

Adare was a good event. The 'A' loop has a sand stone descent like a smaller version of Frenzies Rock Garden, and the 'Death Cookies' is one of the more challenging ascents around.

Unfortunately there was only about 12 starters in all classes. I hope this is not an indication of the support we can expect when we run an XC race in Jubilee. Maybe 7am in winter is too early a start, even for the XC crew. It was certainly warmer down there, than in Toowoomba.

I did the 'A' because I needed the training k's, and got lapped on the third circuit. When I later found out that the guy recently came second in his class at the Australian titles, I didn't feel so bad. Watching him put the power down through the 'Death Cookies' was awesome.

Definely going back for the next event that doesn't clash. Would be good to have some riding companions.