Club Open Day/ Demo Day and DX 22nd of April

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt

We will be hosting a club come and try day in conjunction with I-ride bikes who will be supplying bikes for newcomers and oldcomers alike to try out. At this stage we envision running a whole morning of riding around the trails on the demo bikes with ore experienced riders guiding some of the new comers perhaps in groups. I would love it if people could post their ideas on how this day should go with activities that they had in mind.

Further to the demo and ride side we would like to link in a DX race down Turkey at the end of the day so that the newcomers get a look at racing and DX suits both DH and XC. There is a fair bit of organisation required for this and I would love people to express some interest in the roles required.

I have listed some of the jobs below but I am sure there are more.

Canteen volunteers to be run all morning and some of the afternoon.

Registration for both demo side and DX race. The club and I-ride can cover the cost of the social day licenses required but we will still need to register them for insurance purposes.

Organise permit with council to hold event.

Maybe someone to do parking and arrange signage the day before. No bunting will be required for the DX as we can explain on the day where to go.

At this stage I think Push/ ride run of DX will be the best option instead of the extra hassle of shuttles. We will need one person at the top of the DX with a walkie talky letting riders off and perhaps two doing the timing down the bottom.

Someone to organise toilets.

Steve to promote through various forms of media the week leading into the event.

Anyway please post up your interest in helping out and any other ideas or jobs that you wanted to mention.

Cheers
Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

XCRider94

Likes Dirt
Ryan,

I like the suggestion of showing the corners. I have an idea. Why dont we get some of the experienced people in the club to possibly take some of the new comers for a full walking lap of turkey and point out the best line to do for each of the corners and possibly do the same for rollercat? Why dont we try and get Jared Graves to come to give some more tips about cornering?

What jobs on the day are still vacant?

Thanks
Joel

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gday Joel,

Unfortunately Jared will be O/S for the open day but he is back in time for the DH race.

I like your idea on corner so perhpas we could run a semi skills session. Jason would be good to teach a few skills to new riders as I am sure a few of the young DH guys could teach a few trail riding techniques.

Regarding jobs pretty well sorted.

Cheers
Ryan

sherman

Likes Dirt
Gday Joel,

Unfortunately Jared will be O/S for the open day but he is back in time for the DH race.

I like your idea on corner so perhpas we could run a semi skills session. Jason would be good to teach a few skills to new riders as I am sure a few of the young DH guys could teach a few trail riding techniques.

Regarding jobs pretty well sorted.

Cheers
Ryan
I rode the downhill bike for the first time in about 4 months today so I could learn some skills off pretty much anyone. Can we get taught how to bunny hop and skid?

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
Could someone post the most the final flyers here -- or put up all the details again?

Might be worth getting all the details up here
so people get a reminder.

I don't think I have the final flyers.

Kind regards

Matt

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Havn't seen anything on our website yet about open/demo day or the upcoming downhill event, any chance someone with the power can rectify this.
This is more so for the clubs advertising/promo officer but have we got the local paper involved either before the open day or on the day?

Last edited:

XCRider94

Likes Dirt
HI

I have a quick question. I have just received the flyers and it says $15 dollars for a day licence and $10. Because im a social member of the club, do i have to pay these fees?

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HI

I have a quick question. I have just received the flyers and it says $15 dollars for a day licence and $10. Because im a social member of the club, do i have to pay these fees?
I believe you will still be required to have a day licence, someone can correct me if i'm wrong. But the DX entry will be free.

Bernard

Likes Bikes
Demo booking?

One of the flyers says you need to book to have a ride on one of the new bikes. Where do you go to do this or aren't they really doing this? I went to iride's website but could not see anything.

Regards
Bernard Geebel

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of the flyers says you need to book to have a ride on one of the new bikes. Where do you go to do this or aren't they really doing this? I went to iride's website but could not see anything.

Regards
Bernard Geebel
My only suggestion would be to give Iride a call to confirm. I'm sure that it may just be of show up register your interest in a particular model, if its out on the trail, then wait for it to return.

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Free entry for all members but if you have a social license you will need to pay for a day license. This is to cover the insurance for the event.

Pete I believe article is going into paper. Flyers have been put up on Facebook and emailed to members and other clubs.

Hi Ryan
Can help on Saturday pm to put up signs from Highway etc -Someone forgot them at the last race. Also any cleaning up the tracks etc Are people meeting down there at any particular time?
regards
Lloyd

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Lloyd I believe Iride and Jiel are putting signs up but if have some as well I say more is better. I believe tracks are all sweet after pete and co's effort last Sunday.

We will be down from 8.00am on Sunday.

Sorry I have posted some of this on Facebook but not forums.

Hi Ryan
Can help on Saturday pm to put up signs from Highway etc -Someone forgot them at the last race. Also any cleaning up the tracks etc Are people meeting down there at any particular time?
regards
Lloyd

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big thanks to everyone who helped organize and volunteer for the demo club open day. Thanks to I-ride and Avanti/Scott for providing some sweet rides. Also big thanks to Millie and Grace for doing the Canteen and timing of the DX race. Those two are keepers Masso and Jock. Thanks to the 5 new club members that joined up today. Your support is appreciated. The club is humming. Last but not least thanks to Jiel for doing a lot of the organization and for teaching my son to put ice down the back of my pants.

aussie pete

Likes Dirt
Good to see the full list of results, I'd like to see an on board video of somone doing a 7 min flat run. I noticed a few strange lines and wash outs on my way down, I must not have been the only one that had a "moment".