Clipless pedals

S.

ex offender
commander_dilsnikk said:
Ty said:
personaly i really like eggbeaters, my knees are shagged and the way eggs work is they don't 'want' to center them self so it never feels like you fighting the float (i found that with shimanos), they also rule in mud.

only problem is they are useless if your not cliped in and some people have reported that they cause some funky wear above your cleats.

crankbros has just released a new range which includes this beast:

may be something to think about if u want a simple design with heaps of mud clearance...
may be a little out of price range (not sure on an $AUD retail price)
Why is it that the simplest designs (when they're the best, like this) cost the most?

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Socket said:
Why is it that the simplest designs (when they're the best, like this) cost the most?
Same could be said about the Fox Terralogic fork! But yeah those Mallet pedals are $$$

Rik

logged out
Simplest design the most expensive? Because you have to pay the designers to stop thinking complex :?

LordNikon

Uber Geek
Mallet pedals are $199 rrp.

not really the go for XC though, they're not light.

For around the same money you can get the Stainless Steel Eggbeaters. Which are awesome.

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
primo have a good range of platform pedals. i run these and i never have any slipups at 99 bucks they are well priced to

DEVLIN

Likes Dirt
I WOULD GO TIME ATAC. I HAVE HAD TWO PAIRS ON TWO BIKES FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS. I RECENTLY TRIED THEIR PLATFORM PEDAL (NAME?) AWESOME SUPPORT AROUND THE CLEAT, I WILL BE GETTING THEM NEXT FOR TRAIL RIDING AND PUTTING NEW ATACS ON FOR RACING.

EGG BEATERS ARE A GREAT DESIGN BUT YOU NEED A VERY STIFF SOLED SHOE OTHERWISE YOU WILL END UP GETTING STRESS FRACTURES IN YOU FOOT FROM THE SMALL SUPPORT AREA OF THE PEDAL. IT IS REALLY ONLY A RACE PEDAL.