Chris Spooncer

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
gday,

im trying to track down a guy called Chris Spooncer. he used to be a XC racer in the richmond / hawkesbury NSW area (probably raced for WSMTB) around 97 - 99. he was sponsored but im not sure by who, but had a blue steel hardtail at one stage. more recently he coached / personal trained Luke Strom ( i think, it was mentioned on Stroms web page at one stage). doing a google search on his name shows results from downhill races in whistler, but im not sur eif its him or not.

does anyone know him, or how to get in contact with him? maybee Mr Cove knows? i used to work with him and would be good to catch up

Last edited:

digger

Likes Dirt
I remember him vaguely, He had a ride with the Stanmore Cycles crew at one stage..that's all I got sorry.

ihatescarves

Likes Bikes
Yeah, I remember him - I think he was national junior XC champ in 1996, but I don't remember hearing much about him after that (did he race the worlds in Carins?). The blue hardtail was a 'Mount Ainslie' with Halson Inversion forks (anyone else remember them?). I think he may have started riding an Orange with Pace forks when Stanmore started sponsering him.

I'd be interested to know what happened to him too...

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
thats right, i remember it was stanmore cylcles, and i know he was either jnr state or nationl champ so i think your on the right track there as well. from what i can gather he does personal training now, worked at UWS in the gym and doe the odd triathlon.... now im getting results for somone of the same name in whistler doing downhill comps.

I remember when he gave up the XC thing and stanmore took his bike back off him. he wasnt impressed about that. nice guy though.