Chinese Carbon

SCO-e

Squid
There appear to be a few problems with the way that frame is designed... I can't quite get my head around how it's the rear triangle is going to actuate without the bridge of the top swing-link impacting on the front triangle...

I suppose I had better send an email to their "Genaral Manger" to get some more information ;)
there's a thread about this sort on mtbr "Thread: Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon 29er" where a guy built one of these up. He seems happy.

Personally I would shy away from it, seems like a lot could go wrong if it is a rush job of a frame. Plus the link listed requires a minimum order of 10 frames. So at whichever price they decide to sell it to you at ($800ish) plus the rear shock the cost of the 'cheap chinese carbon frame' will start to add up. 2014 Yeti SB66s with the carbon rear and kashima ctd rear shock are going for $1500 on the net. Both frames will need shipping...

gonzo2

Squid
There appear to be a few problems with the way that frame is designed... I can't quite get my head around how it's the rear triangle is going to actuate without the bridge of the top swing-link impacting on the front triangle...
I reckon the rear triangle is in its "compressed" position i.e. its probably in as far as it will go. A couple of reasons -look at the lower linkage position & -there isn't much space for a fully extended shock in its current position

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ah yeah, I see what you mean!

Would be interesting to try, but unfortunately I don't need 10 of them! ;)

Isildur

The Real Pedant
those alibaba, etc links are odd. they always list you need to buy 10/100/1000, yet will happily sell a single frame.

this is the brand that makes them
http://www.featbikes.com/products/d...nbikeframe2014firstlookDHcarbonframe30001113/

i've seen one of their road bike frames, the quality was top notch... i'll certainly be looking their way when i need a new frame.
Ha, it get's more interesting... The Feat Bikes lists 150mm spacing (compared to the Alibaba 135), gives a bit more info too. The Feat site frames are almost a mirror of XMI Play too, so they're probably different sales depts of the same factory :p So far no DH frame from XMI, but worth and email I think... ;)

I've sent an email to both and will hopefully know more soon! Could be a fun project :)

cevet87

Likes Bikes
So the tax man did not permit a new bike build, but picked these carbon handle bars up for 28 buckaroos off aliexpress. I have never had any carbon components and I'm iffy to whether they will handle the task based on the sheer weightlessness of them....will update a few months down the road

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
3t is a reputable brand right?
From AliExpress its not genuine brand 3T. But I have used many carbon parts from AliExpress with no issues whatsoever.

Here is the first incarnation of my Chinarello - many AliExpress carbon parts on there. All went fine.

100_6375[1].jpg

Last edited:

MartyV

Cannon Fodder
Bars

3t is a reputable brand right?
Interested to hear how the 3T bars are going? I'm thinking of buying some similar from aliexpress. Little bit concerned they'll break when it counts- but the appeal is there on price. Also is the printing upside down? Also sweet chinarello! I'm impressed.