Chinarello Build (fake Pinarello Build) Completely Finished!

dj_14

Likes Dirt
sorry guys, just got back from work.

ok, i did ask the question (before paying) whether or not the frame had been tested, the seller stated that it had been x-rayed after full testing and test in the same machines. the reason why it is so cheap is that, one doesnt have a brand name, and 2 they are cutting the 'middle man' out of the frame build because the frame travels back to Italy to put on most of the parts (paint and stickers for frame only) on which they are aloud to called it 'italian made' because the expensive parts.

back to the update, my real stuff from america hasnt been seen in the post (USPS) since the 20th. which is concerning. postage is not going my way lately!

dj_14

Likes Dirt
dj_14
Why not some of the Chinese carbon wheels?
Probably a similar price to any of your other suggestions.
i have thought about it, i thought about building them up with either dt 240s or token hubs. tokens it will cost about 5 to 600. 240s will cost just under a grand, and will be 1100 grams, tokens just over 1200, im not sure about them, there are per built ones available with novatec hubs which i dunno about, are they any good? ive used 240s before, never token hubs....thoughts?

link for 38mm per built
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/38mm-700C-Carbon-Road-TT-bike-Tubular-Wheels-Wheelsets-/170601971956?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b8ab80f4

88mm per built
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/88mm-700C-Carbon-Road-TT-bike-Tubular-Wheels-Wheelsets-/160541867642?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25610a7e7a#ht_7694wt_1152

scblack

Leucocholic
i have thought about it, i thought about building them up with either dt 240s or token hubs. tokens it will cost about 5 to 600. 240s will cost just under a grand, and will be 1100 grams, tokens just over 1200, im not sure about them, there are per built ones available with novatec hubs which i dunno about, are they any good? ive used 240s before, never token hubs....thoughts?

link for 38mm per built
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/38mm-700C-Ca...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27b8ab80f4

88mm per built
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/88mm-700C-Ca...ccessories&hash=item25610a7e7a#ht_7694wt_1152
Are you going for Tubular wheels, not Clincher? Why?

dj_14

Likes Dirt
Pretty sure that weight of feedback within the 5 separate threads on RBR (they keep having to start new ones as each thread gets too big) where there are no reports of spontaneous failure is a fairly solid endorsement.

dj_14
Why not some of the Chinese carbon wheels?
Probably a similar price to any of your other suggestions.
Are you going for Tubular wheels, not Clincher? Why?
cant find any carbon clincher's on ebay cheap ones, all of them seem to be tubular. if i was going to go chinese wheels, if not i will be going clincher (dura ace 24s or rulcrum 3s)

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
I certainly do, at the wholesale end too, We deal directly with the factories.
Sweet put that one to bed - Josh has proved he is educated in this area ... full respect.

Lets get back to bike building ... where's the update!
And from our enlightened *ahem* industry insider from another thread

Can anybody recommend a good place to do a barista's course? My parents have agreed to give me one for my 18th later this month, as I'm interested in working in a cafe casually/part time.

scblack

Leucocholic
cant find any carbon clincher's on ebay cheap ones, all of them seem to be tubular. if i was going to go chinese wheels, if not i will be going clincher (dura ace 24s or rulcrum 3s)
For a road bike, there's no way I would go for tubular. I can just imagine flats are a pain in the arse to fix, possibly tyres rolling off rims (some of the shitty roads I ride on scare the shit out of me).

How long does the glue stuff last? But then I have never used tubular.

ozdirtboy

Likes Dirt
I too did a massive amount of internet research and settled on buying an FM028 frame and forks with 50mm carbon tubulars from dengfu.

Frame arrived within 5 days of purchase!

Wheels should be only a couple more days cause i was being picky with nipple/hub colours :cool:

so far so good :)

dj_14

Likes Dirt
up shit creek at the moment. the guy that i bought the frame off stated he would resend on monday its now wednesday and i have no information that he has so, with emails everyday since.

and the other thing is, it looks like my stuff from the usa has gone missing once reacting the shores of australia.

im really pissed off because i read everything that could go wrong, and so far everything has gone wrong, the frame better be in good condition or i will be f**king up some people

any ideas on how to sort this out.?

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you got Skype?

I actually called the chick at the factory I was dealing with.

Ming/Mina or something.

I called her, told her who I was and she remembered who I was, what I'd ordered etc.

Very helpful.

Be patient with them though, they're very hard to understand and they find it equally as hard to understand you!

dj_14

Likes Dirt
just to keep everyone on their toes, we have good news.

1. frame has been sent again, hasnt appeared on tracking just yet tho, but thats ok.
  2. and second, all my parts have landed in australia, after all that, and are due tomorrow, pics will follow. frame shouldnt be too long, groupset and wheels ect. are on their way down this weekend from my Gold Coast house, when i go up this weekend.

very happy now everything has resolved and excited to get my hands on this stuff :)

dj_14

Likes Dirt
Have you got Skype?

I actually called the chick at the factory I was dealing with.

Ming/Mina or something.

I called her, told her who I was and she remembered who I was, what I'd ordered etc.

Very helpful.

Be patient with them though, they're very hard to understand and they find it equally as hard to understand you!
thanks mate, but i think i sorted it out. they must have forgot our something, when did your frame get sent?

dj_14

Likes Dirt
whats the difference between 6750 and 6700 ultegra groupsets, i cant find one......

and i found a new website

Ribblecycles.com

dj_14

Likes Dirt
Leitch alerted to that site this morning, great selection there.
too right, great site! same you have to pay postage!

i have some selections to make of my own

Groupset
  1. Sram Force (save up an extra 150 and is about 400 grams lighter)
  2. or 2011 ultegra for 800

Wheels
  1. Campagnolo Neutron
  2. Fulcrum Racing 3
  3. Mavic Ksyrium Elite
  4. Shimano RS80 24mm Carbon Laminate

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Force!

Oh and use Sram S30 Sprint wheels.
Super nice!

(Don't use the race version wheels, lighter, but more flexy)

dj_14

Likes Dirt
cant find force on the net that isnt under a grand, anything over is not worth the hassel.

ribble has it for 937 but its 80 bucks for postage

i was thinking

Shimano RS80's 24 carbons and ultegra groupset