Chasing (Yarra) Trail

A quick edit from Sunday's spin along my local reach of the Yarra Trails.

[video=youtube;PqGORNYui4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGORNYui4U[/video]

Last edited:

simon21

Likes Bikes
You wouldnt mind explaining where these trails are/ which direction you ride them would you? I'm new to the area and havnt really got a nicely linked up loop yet.

Ultimately it'd depend on where you live along the YTs. If you're at the southern end then there are a host of loops that can be ridden to get a good fill of climbing & descending. Since you're new to the area then I'd encourage you to keep continuing to explore.

Last edited:
G'day Spike-X. She's a network essentially made up of 3 main areas (southern Yarra/Studley Park, Ivanhoe/Yarra flats & Westerfolds/Candlebark) along the Yarra with links between each, so it's pretty spread out but you can easily make a 4hr+ affair out of it. If you wanted to come up for a day to do a good XC ride then there's certainly scope for it. Realistically you'd want to try & coordinate something with a local so that you optimize your time out there & get in all the choice cuts of trail. Certainly worth throwing the bike in the back of the car if you ever plan on coming up for a weekend.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
When I get to a point where I can actually ride for 4+ hours, I'll definitely come up and check it out!

Last edited: