Charged Card fee on Frame Purchase- Pure speculative preemptive bitching at this point

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So,
Jumping the gun here as I haven’t spoken to the shop as they are closed and I’ve only just seen the bill on online banking, but I’ve been charged $5599 on a frame that cost $5500.
I paid full retail for this frame, and covered all shipping costs, either they made a mistake or they charged me a 1.8% surcharge (exactly $99).
dunno, I would of thought paying full retail, no shipping costs they wouldn’t need pass the CC fees on as there would be more then enough margin in there.
Not the end of the world, first world problems and all that, but it’s a little annoying.
Has anyone else been surcharged on bike and bike frame purchases?

Minlak

custom titis
If the terms and conditions stipulate a credit card surcharge then it will automatically be deducted - but this should have indicated at check out and the total charge including the surcharge should have been indicated?
If it was then meh that’s what you pay - if it wasn’t then they shouldn’t charge it imho

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
it was all done over the phone, so didn’t see any TCs. Just the first time I’ve been charged a surcharge on a bike related purchase, as I said, not end of the world, just surprising.

Minlak

custom titis
it was all done over the phone, so didn’t see any TCs. Just the first time I’ve been charged a surcharge on a bike related purchase, as I said, not end of the world, just surprising.
Ahhhh - a lot of shops have a surcharge but they should have told you it existed verbally and have you the option to pay direct deposit or something

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah. I’m guessing it had just been forgotten to be mentioned in the phone calls.
No biggie, I’ll just have spend a few extra nights selling my sex on the streets.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There will be but probably not till end of the week or later at the rate freight is running at the moment.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The more Transitions the better! Eagerly awaiting the next batch of aluminium 29ers from them.... sometime.