Changing Overdrive steerer to normal fork - What headset?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Overdrive or Overdrive 2? Overdrive is bog-standard 1 1/8" - 1 1/2" tapered; OD2 is the funky one with the fat upper.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
2014 Trance is OD2 is it not Ducky?
Cnut of a thing.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Apparently, according to the OP, but they confused things (and us) by speccing some models with standard 1 1/8" upper taper (OD) and others with fat 1 1/4" upper (OD2), but head tubes are the same, 44 upper ID & I think 51mm ID lower. OD2 has a thinner-wall upper cup, 'cos the bearing itself is about 1mm larger externally than the 1 1/8" one.

Therefore, as I said above, any bog-standard ZS44 upper assembly will do the job to fit a normal-taper fork. The lower is the same for both so doesn't need to change.

teK--

Eats Squid
Apparently, according to the OP, but they confused things (and us) by speccing some models with standard 1 1/8" upper taper (OD) and others with fat 1 1/4" upper (OD2), but head tubes are the same, 44 upper ID & I think 51mm ID lower. OD2 has a thinner-wall upper cup, 'cos the bearing itself is about 1mm larger externally than the 1 1/8" one.

Therefore, as I said above, any bog-standard ZS44 upper assembly will do the job to fit a normal-taper fork. The lower is the same for both so doesn't need to change.
The stock bottom bearing and race are horrible so best to change it as well, preferably with one that has a seal on the race to provide extra protection for the bearing.