Changing drivetrain

DjMikey

Likes Bikes
Hey everyone, my boy has busted his rear derailleur on his 09 giant glory, he’s running shimano zee shifter and deore xt deraillure. His shifter is not in the best condition either. I’m wanting to know, being a 9 speed, it’s not easy to find parts, I can however get sram x5 shifter and derailleur for a good price new. (I have x5 on my downhill bike and have no issues with it. ( before the shimano fans pipe in saying one is better then the other)
Do I need to replace anything else, hanger etc to go from shimano to sram or just the 2 items listed.
mike

Cleverly

Likes Bikes
How much use have the chainring, chain and cassette seen? Because if they're clapped out anyway it might be worth just doing a clean install of the lot for compatibility. But as a general rule, it's usually just shifter and derailleur need to brand match, and the chains/chainrings/cassettes can chop and change between them (for the HG era of freehubs at least).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Isn't Zee 10sp?
Pretty sure I've got a short cage zee rear mech here if he needs one
...and I'm pretty sure I have some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket if this is up for grabs? I shall wait patiently in the line.