chainring, cranks, BB. help?

taylorjames

Likes Bikes
hey guys
i want to put stolen mob cranks on my frame but im not sure about all the other stuff that goes with it like what BB and chainring and how it attaches etc, i know its euro, can anyone explain this im a newbie :)

0psi

Eats Squid
Judging by that you don't really know what you're doing when it come's to mechanical type things. Your best plan of attack is to go to your LBS and get them to look after you. Before you whinge that you want to save money etc. . It'll cost you more when you try to do it and make a mess of it, especially with BMX BB's as there are quite a few 'standards'.

I'm not big on BMX type things but I'm pretty sure Euro BB's are press fit, in which case you'll need to get your LBS to fit them anyway. Yes there are ghetto ways of doing but I don't recommend it, even the best mechanics can make a hash of that one.

You're best off joining a club as that will give you the opportunity to meet more experienced riders, some of whom will be pretty handy with a wrench and will be able to show you the ropes. I've been wrenching for over 12 years and still ask questions and learn new things all the time.