Chain reaction cycles

safreek

You say that, but you’ll be back. o_O
I would like to think I have a forgiving nature but as this is my first order with them and they have such shit customer service and communication that it would have to be such a great deal or money saving. Its rare but my commonsense will overrule the urge to buy from them again.
3 emails and still no reply, tried live chat at midday their time and apparently that's not the right time and was unavailable.
Seems like I am dealing with the Nigerian royal family :mad:
EDIT: Forgot the angry face :(

MRO

Likes Dirt
If everyone cancels their credit card payment and hits them up with questions on Facebook maybe they will have the courtesy to address the issue.

safreek

How delayed is your order again, Safreek?
Its only 14/15 days, mainly irritated that they refuse to communicate.
Auspost still says pending so assuming no one knows where it is.
Orders for others that ordered about a week after mine have apparently been received, seems like its only the class of 24-25 august who are suffering.
Bastards should refund so I can order in aust, lesson learned.

MRO

Likes Dirt
Its only 14/15 days, mainly irritated that they refuse to communicate.
Auspost still says pending so assuming no one knows where it is.
Orders for others that ordered about a week after mine have apparently been received, seems like its only the class of 24-25 august who are suffering.
Bastards should refund so I can order in aust, lesson learned.
Ask them on their facebook page what is happening - i just did. A bit of publicity may help them sort it out

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I ordered on Friday, got a dispatched email on Monday PM. Tracking received by Aus Post Weds AM, but no location as yet.
Meanwhile, a month ago I ordered something that was in stock from CRC, and initial order says expected to be sent out next day. Ordered a few other things from Wiggle an hour later. Wiggle order is sent out with 24 hours. CRC order doesn't get sent out for a week. Both take about a week to get here once they're actually sent.

Also, Wiggle bills my credit card from an Australian merchant account. CRC bills in Aus dollars but from a foreign account, and Commbank charge me 3% foreign merchant fee.

The only reasons to buy from CRC these days appear to be if they have it cheaper than Wiggle (which sometimes happens) or it's a brand that Wiggle don't carry (EG 100percent.)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
FOr $729, too hard to go past.

That Ripmo @beebs sold my mate.

Only thing in the groupset that concerns me is the non-Boost crank. Will see what clearance is like & deal with that as it comes...

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
All the money you saved on that groupset he can afford some sweet cane creek titanium jobbies.

It’d be a shame if they didn’t fit, xt cranks stupidly good, especially for the prie.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've mounted non boost cranks to a boost framed MTB. Seems to be working fine. But to get that optimal chainline maybe someone makes an offset chainring that bolts to a normal XT crankset?
Yeah, it works fine on some bikes. Probably my preferred option if I can get away with it. But with the Ripmo unless you want the chainring sitting slightly inside the chainstay it's not a good idea. It has a particularly pronounced outwards curve on the chainstay. I am selling the bike his friend's buying, and have unsuccessfully tried a non-boost crankset. ;)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
despite getting my package, the hope bottom cup I ordered was in the wrong packet... got an EC49 instead of and EC44.

now have to try out the returns game....

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it just me or are the local online retailers knocking it out of the park at the moment?

I’d hate to add up all the purchases from CRC (and the other Europeans) over the years but more recently have had less positive experiences with CRC.

Pushys and MTB Direct go damn close on price, have been brilliant to communicate with (with actual knowledgeable humans instead of generic messages) and damn quick shipping (MTB Direct in particular).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or are the local online retailers knocking it out of the park at the moment?

I’d hate to add up all the purchases from CRC (and the other Europeans) over the years but more recently have had less positive experiences with CRC.

Pushys and MTB Direct go damn close on price, have been brilliant to communicate with (with actual knowledgeable humans instead of generic messages) and damn quick shipping (MTB Direct in particular).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m hoping bicyclesonline also turn out ok. I can drop into their warehouse after my ride if anything goes wrong :)