Chain reaction cycles

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm dubious, but a mate of mine bought a complete gravel bike from them last week & he quoted this to me. It will be interesting to see what happens when it lands at customs. Will report back.
Mate's bike arrived yesterday.

Just over $2000, no tax, no duty & no sitting in customs for a week. Sure crc have passed the costs on somehow but it still looks like a good deal.

A win for a change

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Submitted another enquiry with CRC. Now it appears there is a problem with paperwork so AusPost can’t scan it in.

No idea when it will arrive, 2 weeks is well off my previous experience with CRC. Based on this experience and what others have got lately, no CRC for me in the future.

safreek

Damn, you have done well, I have sent two emails to the arseholes and can't even get a reply. It would appear that replying to an email is as difficult as actually sending the product people have played for.
Another weekend without the bike as I pulled some of the parts off in anticipation, mug me or what.
Lucky I have the weightlifting to keep me occupied or I would go insane.
Bike mechanic is taking a few days off next week so on the off chance the parts ever arrive I still will be screwed.
THANKS CRC YOU ARSEHOLEZ

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm having issues with a wheel warranty. They've had my wheel for over 2 weeks now and no word on what is happening. Apparently are experiencing 'a high volume of returns'.

On the other hand - actually getting the wheel to them was super easy, they organised a courier to pick it up.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've always got a better reply from them on the live chat than the email. Give that a go peoples!

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
My tracking has updated from 'shipping information received' to 'shipping information approved'.

Whatever that might mean.

MRO

Likes Dirt
2 weeks and still waiting. Had a live chat today for about 20 minutes. Apparently a lot of orders are here but shipping information is not right so they are trying to sort it all out. They have no idea when it will be delivered (could be tomorrow, could be next month) They have no idea.

I placed a stop on my credit card payments for my two orders today and suggest everyone else does the same. CRC have really fked this up and just cant fix it.

sc.

Likes Dirt
I ordered some wheels on the 26th of last month, they said they shipped them and I have a tracking number, but Aus Post haven't scanned it yet and haven't updated it's status in about 6 or 7 days now. All I can get out of Chain Reaction, via email, is that they've shipped it and the tracking should be updated 'anytime now'.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At least you may yet have it delivered, UPS says my canyon order was delivered 2 days ago, only problem is not to me. Did I mention I hate UPS.

safreek

Apparently its around midday over there, surprise surprise live chat unavailable.
Will never order off these cunts again.
Arseholez should just resend orders and get the other shipment back

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2 weeks and still waiting. Had a live chat today for about 20 minutes. Apparently a lot of orders are here but shipping information is not right so they are trying to sort it all out. They have no idea when it will be delivered (could be tomorrow, could be next month) They have no idea.

I placed a stop on my credit card payments for my two orders today and suggest everyone else does the same. CRC have really fked this up and just cant fix it.
Yep, poor customer service! Everyone involved should at the very least be emailed and advised of the situation!

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, poor customer service! Everyone involved should at the very least be emailed and advised of the situation!
That’s the key to good customer service. - communication. It would not be to hard to work out what orders are held up and send a quick message. It’s frustrating that the tracking number they give you doesn’t do anything for 90% of the package’s journey. If we were given tracking for the bulk shipment we could all be getting up the shipping co for the delays.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I lodged a claim through PayPal yesterday and as it drew from my credit card, I’ll contact my provider if I don’t get any action in a few days. IME, cc providers are usually pretty quick to reverse transactions where suppliers provide little or no feedback.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At least you may yet have it delivered, UPS says my canyon order was delivered 2 days ago, only problem is not to me. Did I mention I hate UPS.
I had UPS send a package addressed to me, to Japan. Followed the saga through the tracking number. Started in the US (Jenson), got to Melbourne in a couple of days. Next update popped up saying it's arrived in Tokyo, then an "attempted delivery" in Tokyo. Emailed Jenson and they had a laugh and sent out a new shock to me which arrived a week later.

Best part? 2 weeks following that incident the shock that went to Tokyo made its way back to Australia and to my doorstep. Ended up with two Cane Creek shocks for the price of one .