Central Coast Mountain Bike Club DH at Ourimbah on Sunday 28th June

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
CCMTB are having a DH this Sunday, track has had heaps of work done after the rain and is running real good, the weather looks good too, so come on out and do some riding

The Ourimbah downhill track is not considered to be a difficult track, with 'B' (easier) lines around the difficult sections, but is very unforgiving with many rocky sections and trees that are close to the edge of the track.

FULL FACE HELMETS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL DH CLUB EVENTS

DH race day fees are $30.00 plus an additional $20 for an MTBA day license if you don't have one. Registration is from around 8am, racing starts at 12:00pm sharp. Shuttles will be provided by the club from round 1 (weather permitted). Absolutely no private shuttles allowed, anybody using private shuttles will face disqualification.

Last edited:
Will the track be changed again, right before race run?
Will people be penalised for holding up the start time.....

Regards

S.

Last edited:

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will the track be changed again, right before race run?
Will people be penalised for holding up the start time.....

Regards

S.
What happened? Was the track changed between practice and racing? And were people holding up the start? Was this by not making it up the hill in time?

When I've raced up there I've noticed the younger guys are constantly hassling the starter asking "When's my run? Am I next?" etc. which isn't fair, that tends to hold things up!

Fair play to the club I understand everyone vounteers and they do a good job, but the racing part of the afternoon does take a while and I think they could be a bit more brutal by enforcing start times! If you're not up the top of the hill at your start time you miss the first run! Maybe a timetable left at the shuttle pick up or on the bus detailing what time racing commences and order of class would help?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
CCMTB are having a DH this Sunday, track has had heaps of work done after the rain and is running real good, the weather looks good too, so come on out and do some riding

The Ourimbah downhill track is not considered to be a difficult track, with 'B' (easier) lines around the difficult sections, but is very unforgiving with many rocky sections and trees that are close to the edge of the track.

FULL FACE HELMETS ARE COMPULSORY FOR ALL DH CLUB EVENTS

DH race day fees are $30.00 plus an additional $20 for an MTBA day license if you don't have one. Registration is from around 8am, racing starts at 12:00pm sharp. Shuttles will be provided by the club from round 1 (weather permitted). Absolutely no private shuttles allowed, anybody using private shuttles will face disqualification.
Professor Fury,

Will you be using some kind of electromagneticsubatomicchromometer on Sunday? Because my calendar is telling me Sunday is the 28th and Monday is the 29th...

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Professor Fury,

Will you be using some kind of electromagneticsubatomicchromometer on Sunday? Because my calendar is telling me Sunday is the 28th and Monday is the 29th...
I wish I had one of those, but turns out it was just a bit of finger trouble