CCOMTB 09 DH club Calander

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Argh! i'm going to miss out this months race aswell as next months due to my healing wrist. Ahwell. You'll find with provided shuttles that a trailer that can hold a load of bikes will have the wheel holds so hopefully that means no scratches from a norco trying to hump your sunday on the way up(i'm only guessing from experience with provided shuttles in the past).

Also is that $20 for the race/to participate (then in my case i would need a day licence) and then the fee for a day licence? (unless you join for the year) Or $20 for the day all paper work included?

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
No buses for this coming race

OK no buses this week I screwed up with the bus company. (I wasn't recieving there emails) so it will be private shuttles for this race but this race only after this it will buses provided at a fee of $25 for race entry, if you have to buy a day licence it will be another $15.
So please all that are doing shuttles please be careful and don't drive like a tool because no-one will think big of you.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
hi im new to ourimbah and i was just wanting to ask some questions about the dh
1.where is the sigh on at is it down the bottom or were
2.who do i have to see about signing up for the year
3.what time dose it start
4.is there a practice lap or anything and wat time if there is and
5.wat class would i be in. im turning 13 this year im on a hardtail.
and i have to now before the frist ride this sunday thankss
rego starts about 8am on sunday.Practise usually starts 8am to noon, then racing 12 30 - two timed runs. Turn up and go to rego desk, we will sort you out

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Once you know how to get there you'll come to a big clearing and see alot of traffic and a massive tent set up. Just go up to them tell them what category you would like to enter fill out the paper work and have your mum or dad(guardian) present with you if you're under 18 because you need a guardian with you to sign you off i'm pretty sure. Put your race number on straight away(don't forget to return your plate when your day is finished) and have fun.

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I go by feel not numbers when choosing tire pressure. The track is pedally and has some good rocks that will give you flats quickly. With that in mind give the track a run and then work from there.

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
OK no buses this week I screwed up with the bus company. (I wasn't recieving there emails) so it will be private shuttles for this race but this race only after this it will buses provided at a fee of $25 for race entry, if you have to buy a day licence it will be another $15.
So please all that are doing shuttles please be careful and don't drive like a tool because no-one will think big of you.
Wayne forgot to add:
Watermelons are not welcome.

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
Bbq

A BBQ will be put on by some of our new ccomtb recruits (a ma & par team) have come on board for 2009.

Sauguages will be the flavor this round so please support the club & buy one or two, it will save you the time heading off into town to buy food & you can poach another run or two in or just chillout more before you race. The guys will be open to ideas for food to serve next round aswell.

Remember your credit cards are no good at the track (no power) so bring cash for rego perferably we don't like bouncey cheques.

Most of the committee this year are new so please be patient at the rego table as the first round is traditionally the busiest.

Looking forward to seeing all the old faces again for the season kick off & hopfully many new ones aswell.

Hardtail nutsack

Likes Bikes
yeah barbies are wicked at the track, i find all the nutritional goodness that one requires for a race all packed into a sausy sanga!

i was at the track the other weekend, feels like caramel cream sauce, love it!
syked to race again, always a cracker of a day!

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thinking of coming up on Sun to race.
Cant provide my own shuttles though, so what are the chances of hooking up with some local crew to get a few practice runs? realistic? (never been to Ourimbah) obviously help out with driving and petrol $$$

Im new to the whole NSW racing scene, trying to do a proper full season here after moving over from SA.

Last edited:

RaID

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice, ill make sure im up there on sunday morning

will be riding a 06 Sunday Elite with 888, red grips, yellow Oakley jersey

@nDr3w

Likes Dirt
AMost of the committee this year are new so please be patient at the rego table as the first round is traditionally the busiest.

Looking forward to seeing all the old faces again for the season kick off & hopfully many new ones aswell.
Sledgers going to take my rego money and spend it on sausages...

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
We are racing the normal long track so no to the switchies. And going by this storm that is coming in at the moment please be aware that this race may be called off at the very last minute. But I am hoping that I don't have to do that? Everyone ask mother nature to be nice and bring the storm on Monday when we are back at work!

Cloaked STP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Wayno

I dont mean to be a pain but when would you think it would get canned... A few of us are coming from Down South about 2 hrs away cant exactly check this thread whilst on the road.....

I was planning to get there for 9 so ill check it at 7 before I leave and hope the best eh?

Please mother nature be kind, i switched from a 3.6ltr to a 2.0ltr just for you :) :D :)