Casual Sydney Rides

Luco

Likes Dirt
Come out kentlyn this Saturday. The menai metro mountain bike group will be there
Thanks for the offer mate, but I've decided to hit some trails in the mountains. And kentlyn I've done a few times in the last month or so. Super fun though, love hitting those doubles now! Well some of them ;) and the Xc course isn't too bad...
Enjoy it!

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does anyone know any girls that MTB ride? Preferably downhill tracks - that I could ride with
Do you just ride mtb?As bad as it is.. If you can pick up a road or track bike you'll find a lot more girls..

Otherwise come along with us guys, we don't bite! Some of us are doing a cruisy ride tomorrow arvo.

bgs

Likes Bikes
Kentlyn

Hitting up Kentlyn with a mate tomorrow if anyone wants to come for a ride. Probably do a lap of the Rock Trail and then session a few of the downhill runs. Around 8.30-9.00am.

ChopSticks

Banned
Hitting up Kentlyn with a mate tomorrow if anyone wants to come for a ride. Probably do a lap of the Rock Trail and then session a few of the downhill runs.
keen for Kentlyn... but dont have the time tomorrow or sunday :(

I will however be doing a few laps of OMV from 9/9:30 - 11 tomorrow (Satruday)
Ev and I are in.... anyone else?

Luco

Likes Dirt
Hey people,

Few mates and myself will be riding Loftus early this Saturday (19th July) morning. Take off from Loftus oval car park (just before turn off from Princess Highway into national park) at 8am sharp. Intend to ride till 11am as we've got sporting commitments.

We've ridden it quite a few times and know our way around fairly well, but always open to suggestions on different tracks. It 'should' be a fairly spirited ride; no strava however.

If your keen pm me or reply to thread so we can wait for you.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Anyone keen to do the Oaks Trail this weekend? I'm free Saturday and Sunday and up for an early morning ride.

bgs

Likes Bikes
Anyone keen to do the Oaks Trail this weekend? I'm free Saturday and Sunday and up for an early morning ride.
Someone mentioned on Sydney MTB Riders Facebook group that the RFS were doing some backburning near the Oaks this weekend and the trail would be closed. Not confirmed though. You might want to follow that up just in case.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Someone mentioned on Sydney MTB Riders Facebook group that the RFS were doing some backburning near the Oaks this weekend and the trail would be closed. Not confirmed though. You might want to follow that up just in case.
Only thing on the npws site was this notice:
Oaks Firetrail will be closed 2nd and 3rd August 2014 (Ends Sunday 3 August)
The Oaks Fire Trail will be closed to bicycles and vehicles from the turn off to Euroka on 2nd and 3rd August 2014 due to the Maximum Adventure event being held in the park.
The road to Red Hands Cave, and Nepean Lookout will also be closed.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Thanks for the heads up bgs. I'll double check.

Thanks comic book guy.

will2

Likes Dirt
G'day lads,
Anyone keen for a ride of bernies- ya mums in oxford falls this Saturday, Sunday or both? If not aware of these trails pm me.

Five Miles Out

Likes Dirt
Been years since I've been on RB.

Anyone keen for a Wednesday ride? I have the day off.

I'm average fitness, riding a dual 29er. Normally ride the dam but happy to drive around Sydney.

Hamish.

You guys forgot to mention that behind loftus oval there is a guy 'meeting' place... :( Haha obviously had no idea where I was going and thought that was the way..

Haha anyway, I had a ride around the MTB trails there. Had NO idea where I was going. Ended up going down some trail which was super steep and came to a stream with a massive steep hill across it. So I had two steep hills between me and ended up just walking back up the way I came.

So do any of you guys have some good maps I can follow? Some people I've heard said it's really easy to find your way around - but I still got super lost. I came across a few single tracks which were really fun - but would love it if I could get my hands on a good map marking the trails?

Thanks all!

EDIT: Oh darn just saw this on trailflix "There are a few steep firetrails that are covered in embedded and loose babies heads so be careful on those and then remember that you have to get back up, especially the ones leading to and from Temptation Creek. " Yeah that's exactly where I went down

Last edited:

Luco

Likes Dirt
You guys forgot to mention that behind loftus oval there is a guy 'meeting' place... :( Haha obviously had no idea where I was going and thought that was the way..

Haha anyway, I had a ride around the MTB trails there. Had NO idea where I was going. Ended up going down some trail which was super steep and came to a stream with a massive steep hill across it. So I had two steep hills between me and ended up just walking back up the way I came.

So do any of you guys have some good maps I can follow? Some people I've heard said it's really easy to find your way around - but I still got super lost. I came across a few single tracks which were really fun - but would love it if I could get my hands on a good map marking the trails?

Thanks all!

EDIT: Oh darn just saw this on trailflix "There are a few steep firetrails that are covered in embedded and loose babies heads so be careful on those and then remember that you have to get back up, especially the ones leading to and from Temptation Creek. " Yeah that's exactly where I went down

I can't help you with maps, as I don't have strava and haven't ever plugged my garmin into a computer, yet. But I never knew there was a 'guy' meeting place!? Wtf where you been riding!?
Anyway I wouldn't say Loftus is easy to navigate, but after a few rides you get the hang of it. There are quite a few different tracks that lead down to temptation creek with varying difficulty. Just keep an eye for trails heading off the main fire trails circling around the area and and soon enough you'll piece together a little loop...
Strava I would assume has many maps listed.

Last edited: