Cassette / Chain - is it worth the extra $$$?

LordNikon

Uber Geek
I'm looking at getting a new cassette and chain in the next couple of weeks. I'm currently running a standard chain and SRAM Cassette.

My question is this...

Is it worth paying the extra for an XTR chain?

and...

Is it worth paying the EXTRA for an XTR cassette instead of an XT?

I'm leaning towards the XT cassette and XTR chain at the moment, what do you guys think?

:?:

Ty

Eats Squid
no

and no

i suggest a sach/sram pc-69 chain with a XT cassette unless you have a heap of cash buring a hole in your pocket.

i dout you could tell the difference in weight and/or shifting performance between either setup.

Rik

logged out
The big difference going XTR over XT is mainly the weight, but unless you like throwing money away, spend the dollars saved on something else.
And get another chain, such as Sram or Wipperman, the shimano chains are a hassle to break/join.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
I like ur combo. I think its worth the extra 20 bucks so the xtr chain. Though is saying that I'm currently running a 50 buck whipperman and it is supa smooth. However I didnt used the connector that comes with them - because its on the launch its just sumthing you dont want to risk having caught up in the cain guide or sumthink.