AM Carbonium Patrolinator Now Built

dunndog

Eats Squid
This mighty steed rocked up today, with its symbiotic mate, Lyrik.
First for some Invisi frame treatment, then the build shall commence.. Big thanks to Jonny Sprockets for a killer deal and service, Rod at Supersports for many a tale, and TBC for making the damn thing!
Build pics to come.
*EDIT* So stoked with this build. First proper ride this Monday. The You Yangs should shake out any gremlins nicely. Everything running super smooth on bitumen so far..
Full Spec:
Frame: 2017 Patrol Carbon, Race Raw, Large
Shock: Rockshox Super Deluxe rc3, metric, 155mm
Fork: Rockshox Lyrik solo air rct3, 160mm
Bottom Bracket: XT M8000
Chainring: Blackspire Snaggletooth, 32t
Cassette: XT M8000 11-42t
Rear Derailleur: XT M8000
Chain Device: One Up Components w/ bashguard
Shifter: XT M8000
Brakes: XT M8000
Rotors: XT 180mm
Seatpost: Fox Transfer Performance, 150mm
Saddle: SDG Bel Air
Bars: Easton Havoc alloy, 750mm, 20mm rise
Grips: Supacaz lock on
Stem: Renthal Apex, 40mm
Headset: FSA something
Rims: Easton Arc 27mm
Hubs: Hope Pro 4
Tyres: Maxxis Highroller 2.4 EXO(f), Maxxis Ardent 2.25 EXO(r), tubeless

Attachments

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
there is a cock in the bottom corner are you sure you didn't get this from Moorey? (anyone that has ever received a pic from Moorey knows what I am talking about)

Invisi frame treatment?????

Please enlighten me...........

dunndog

Eats Squid
Sweet!!! Metric shock too, get outta here!!!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Yep, was a nice surprise upgrade after ordering a 2016. I must say, the whole process of dealing with this purchase has been my best yet. Big props to those mentioned in the OP. Frothing to build and ride it!

Minlak

custom titis
Yep, was a nice surprise upgrade after ordering a 2016. I must say, the whole process of dealing with this purchase has been my best yet. Big props to those mentioned in the OP. Frothing to build and ride it!
Rod is Xero on these forums and absolute legend.......

dunndog

Eats Squid
Invisiframe done, went way better than the first time I did it! Awesome product. You really can't see it unless you get right up close for a sniff. Build commences tonight. Knackered though, won't finish...

dunndog

Eats Squid
Last couple of tweaks today and it's ready to roll. Smooth, quiet and awesome up the street, hitting the trails Monday and can not wait. Check the op for pics n spec.

dunndog

Eats Squid
Awesome looking build you got there bloke. hope it floats like a magic carpet at the You Yangs. :thumb:
first runs today, and it went beautifully. After getting half way up the first climb to realise I hadn't tightened the saddle bolts, everything ran smooth as silk. The bike blew me away. It climbed as well as my Sight c7.2 did, and was noticeably more stable on descents. And I don't say that lightly as I rate the sight extremely highly. Day 1 and a bit of placebo effect, but I see some seriously good times ahead on this animal.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Fuck yeah dude! Sounds like such an awesome bike. All the reviews of like every transition is glowing, it's like every bike they pump out is gold. So rad.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
It's a very sweet bike in the flesh too. Following it down Cressy it looked planted.