XC Carbon Anthem

finksta

Likes Dirt
Here's my new xc weapon, Anthem x Advanced 1. Full XT build and comes in at just over 11kg, completely stock except for being set up tubeless and swapping saddle and grips. Should be a lot better for races and long xc adventures than my 575.

20120714_094330.jpg

finksta

Likes Dirt
Had my first couple of outings on the new rig this weekend, and I have to say I'm very impressed. I was never a fan of Giant, and never thought I would own one. Not for any particularly good reason, I guess just because there are shite loads of them around. I wanted a well specced xc bike and didn't want to pay a small fortune for it, so the Anthem seemed like a good option, and I'm really pleased I went this way.

I am so happy with how this bike rides, it accelerates extremely fast and climbs like a mountain goat. I was a bit worried about the 71* head angle after coming off my 575, but it works well with the bikes geometry. The steering is super snappy, especially seeing I got them to swap out the 100mm stem for an 80mm. Really happy with the maestro suspension too, soaks up the hits quite well for a 100mm travel bike, and pretty much zero pedal bob.

Overall very happy with my first Giant, can't wait for my first race on it.