Canyon MTB - Real Life Experience

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Bahahaa, a lot of Reverb hate in this thread - never had a problem with any of my 4 reverbs so far! Gone through 2 KS Cartridges though in a year ;)

On that note I must say, thanks for the total bargain on yours Mofo! That's two great bargains now in the last few months :)

What an Epic read though, a great thing to pass the time with a broken collarbone on a Friday night ;)

Paldini

Squid
Similar

My experience with Canyon is virtually the same as the OP.

I bought a Spectral 8.0 ex (though in matt black). Arrived about 8 working days after. good comms all the the way through.

There was a mark on the frame, which i photographed and advised them of. After sending pics to germany they have advised that is a coating issue and it is structurally fine. they have offered a small financial compensation.

Overall Im happy with the experience. I was looking at the new Trek fuel EX but the LBS could not offer a test ride on that which is one of the main reasons for buying locally. That and after sales.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
JTmofo, now that the Canyon has endured a weekend of extreme conditions at The Mont, I think it's safe to say the new frame is unburstable.

madstace

Likes Dirt
My experience with Canyon is virtually the same as the OP.

I bought a Spectral 8.0 ex (though in matt black). Arrived about 8 working days after. good comms all the the way through.

There was a mark on the frame, which i photographed and advised them of. After sending pics to germany they have advised that is a coating issue and it is structurally fine. they have offered a small financial compensation.

Overall Im happy with the experience. I was looking at the new Trek fuel EX but the LBS could not offer a test ride on that which is one of the main reasons for buying locally. That and after sales.
Ah...I'd probably re-read the whole thread if you haven't already. OP went through a considerable amount of pain to resolve a major fault, not really comparable to the above. Having said that, their initial response to faults seems positive, just possibly their follow up with actual remediation that needs a bit of work.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Bahahaa, a lot of Reverb hate in this thread - never had a problem with any of my 4 reverbs so far! Gone through 2 KS Cartridges though in a year ;)

On that note I must say, thanks for the total bargain on yours Mofo! That's two great bargains now in the last few months :)

What an Epic read though, a great thing to pass the time with a broken collarbone on a Friday night ;)
No wakkas mate, glad it went to a good home. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. It covered the cost of my bargain KS, so karma is good brother.

JTmofo, now that the Canyon has endured a weekend of extreme conditions at The Mont, I think it's safe to say the new frame is unburstable.
.....although it nearly broke me...:shocked:.....the Mont course is not the one that will test out the robustness of the new frame. I'll give it another few hard rattles on some more gnarly trails and see how it holds up!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Hey JT - I think that must have been you I was chatting to briefly at about 9pm at the start of the Love Child climb. I was the guy on the Anthem admiring your bike - cant have been too many baby poo green Canyons out there!!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Hey JT - I think that must have been you I was chatting to briefly at about 9pm at the start of the Love Child climb. I was the guy on the Anthem admiring your bike - cant have been too many baby poo green Canyons out there!!
There ya go...it surely was me.... I was blowing a lung out as far as I remember! You should have made a half baked offer, I probably would have taken it!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
There ya go...it surely was me.... I was blowing a lung out as far as I remember! You should have made a half baked offer, I probably would have taken it!
You weren't the only one wheezing... I didn't see where you went, I pulled into the slow lane around the corner and plodded for a bit - didn't notice if you fell behind or went past.

Hi all,

I read through the entire thread and I am glad that OP's issues have been sorted by Canyon.

I am about to pull the trigger on a Grand Canyon AL SLX but I never bought a bike online, anything I should know before pulling the trigger?

Also, I noticed that if I select Germany or UK, I can put Sixpack Menace pedals (which are not available on the AU site) into my cart but I can't check out, any idea why?

Thanks.

EMF

Eats Squid
Spanner in the works

Friends carbon Strive failed on seat stay swing arm cracked
three weeks and counting on official response from the Germans

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
It took me 6 weeks to get mine sorted. In fairness, with the majority of people I've spoken to regarding warranty returns, this is about the norm (not just Canyon)

binner

Hath shat hymself
cooked it too much

Friends carbon Strive failed on seat stay swing arm cracked
three weeks and counting on official response from the Germans
obviously the guy was is/ a hack rider ...fuggin hacks