Canyon Australia

msav

Squid
The EU prices include VAT of approx 20% (I think it differs slightly between EU countries).

For a clearer tax free price, check the price in USD for a non-EU country, something like Malaysia or similar. The one I like is the Strive AL 7.0 - $2,909USD + local tax + shipping.

For Australia with no 'Australia Tax' added by Canyon this should equal approx $4,500 AUD (incl. GST) plus addition of internal costs for shipping from EU and then local shipping on top.

Still good value, but the fall in the AUD$ certainly hasn't helped us.

swmtbr

Likes Dirt
Just had a look and pricing in AUD is good. Pity they didn't reserve any stock for Aus though. April before I can get a spectral

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Canyon set Giant squarely in their sights as a pricing benchmark, so they'll be pretty competitive on that front.

The Australian office, at least in the short term is a service & support centre only, not a distribution centre; all bikes will come direct from Germany. There should eventually be a demo fleet to do the rounds, but that's probably still a little way off.

teK--

Eats Squid
Decent pricing but needs to be lower to compete with giant. I suppose biggest difference compared to Giant or any local dealer brand is the Canyon price is fixed, you have to wait for stock/delivery and you need to pay for shipping.

For less than the delivered price of an alloy strive I bought a carbon reign after some bargaining.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Canyon Au actually have a full mtb range in stock at the moment...so I read...even though it says they come from Germany https://www.canyon.com/en-au/shop/expressbikes/

I think a phone call might be in order if you are really interested.

Personally I think the alloy grand canyon is a bargain but the rest are simply competitive. Though most have better than typical OE wheels...

sonaid

Likes Bikes
Your spot on Ducky, well said

Canyon set Giant squarely in their sights as a pricing benchmark, so they'll be pretty competitive on that front.

The Australian office, at least in the short term is a service & support centre only, not a distribution centre; all bikes will come direct from Germany. There should eventually be a demo fleet to do the rounds, but that's probably still a little way off.

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
The Canyon Strive looks very interesting and well priced but Specialized has just announced some deals on their enduros which makes it a hard decision really.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Canyon Strive looks very interesting and well priced but Specialized has just announced some deals on their enduros which makes it a hard decision really.
According to my local specialized man they have basically no Stumpys left and are discounting the endures to sell them in there place....

msav

Squid
It's pretty awesome - the prices came in roughly as expected - and without the Australia tax!

The only thing I don't get is why the long waiting time to get some sizes/models - even if it's shipping from Germany why would it take until April to get the bike to Australia. My guess is that the bikes simply haven't been built yet as it's Euro winter and no one is buying over there. It's a shame as it means missing the whole Aussie summer waiting for the bike to arrive.

On that note, I wonder why all of the models aren't available (eg Strive 7.0 AL) - if it's shipping direct from Germany what difference does it make to them which one you are buying? It's not like they need to have a large warehouse here to keep all of the possible models in stock (not at this stage anyway).