Can't upload picture ?

heavyp

You heard it here first
Hey guys just wondered if its just me, nothing has changed on my computer or account but I cant use the normal upload window or select batch images at the same time.

Your forum is pretty much the same as ridemonkey I tried there site and everything works as normal.

Just wondered what it maybe if anything at all ?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Dunno, worked for me in bulk yesterday. I'll ask the obvious question: What browser do you use? I've had some small issues with uploading images via Chrome but I established that is was likely my anti virus that caused the issue.

Buy a Mac. ;)

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have the same problem using chrome. I cant upload images using the 'Insert Image' button. The 'Attachments' method works fine however.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Dunno, worked for me in bulk yesterday. I'll ask the obvious question: What browser do you use? I've had some small issues with uploading images via Chrome but I established that is was likely my anti virus that caused the issue.

Buy a Mac. ;)

been using Mac for 12 years always used safari and never had any issues, no idea why people use firefox or chrome.

J

JaRedy

Dat internet explorer is schmick. Internet explorer is love, internet explorer is life. Internet explorer captures the quintessence of internet browsing; a righteous link to a world so deeply engrossing and complex that only a PC user could understand.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dat internet explorer is schmick. Internet explorer is love, internet explorer is life. Internet explorer captures the quintessence of internet browsing; a righteous link to a world so deeply engrossing and complex that only a PC user could understand.
And here I thought you gave up the drugs.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
On uploading, is there any way to make uploading from mobiles easier? It's very hit and miss, most of the time it doesn't work at all. I'm using the standard Andriod browser.

scblack

Leucocholic
I've had the same problem too the last couple of weeks. Cannot upload pictures the normal way. Often the basic uploader will do, but often does not either. Internet explorer.

Is becoming quite a pain.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Yep still doing the same thing its not my computer I actually got that frustrated with it I backed my computer up and factory reset it by wiping the harddrive and installing mountain lion again and still the same issue as mentioned ridemonkey uses the same forum uploader and I can upload stuff on there fine.

Maybe they will have to get my exclusive posts first from now on haha

heavyp

You heard it here first
Use imgur.com as the host.
quick and easy

I hate having to register for something else again just so I can upload to that to get the link to post it on here, Its a site issue they should look into it, I tried it on other computers and it still doesnt work.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
farkin-F-logo-wiki.png

Apparently there's an exploit for the flash uploader, so vbulletin have disabled it in the current vbulletin build (that we're running). You can use the basic uploader now, the better one will come back in good time.

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
No, still not working. Using basic uploader, either Internet Explorer or Google Chrome, keeps telling me Upload Failed.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I can link via url but I cannot grab pictures off my computer to upload. I can browse and select but no way to upload.