Cannan thoughts anyone?

DarrenHunt

Likes Dirt
Just after a little bit of help here.

Again looking at bikes.

Has anyone ridden the Mongoose Canaan? What were your thoughts? Does anyone own one?

I rode on on sunday at the 8 hour, and it was awesome at first, but the position felt odd, i'm just wondering if it was the setup or if the bike actually has an odd setup.

BrindiCruiser

Likes Dirt
canaan

NEver been on one, but I was browsing though a mag last night which had a review. I could drop a photocopy in the mail if you are really keen.

rocketman87

Likes Bikes
I get mine on thursday! Ive been riding a hardtail and am really looking forward to the dually, especially because its lighter!
Has a nice, efficient suspension design, good size/quality bearings, a semi-relaxed head angle (great at 3am). The only things that are a bit 'different' are the head angle (69.5) and it is also fairly stretched out...depends what you usually ride though

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't remember the mag, but it was rated the best enduro bike ever.
Really? That's almost in exact contrast to what i've heard.

What i've read in numerous reviews, it was been reported to be a good bike, however there are a number of things that are different about it. Not necessarily better or worse, just different to the norm. One being, as already mentioned, the 69.5 degree headangle. A bit racier than the usual 'enduro' angle.

Give it a go, but don't buy before you try. Or if you're wanting an enduro bike, try extensively. If you know someone that has one, go out for a ride for a fair distance, something that you might come across in an enduro race, and see what the bike feels like after being in the saddle for 6+ hours.

I'll try and scrounge up some reviews that I have.

Simmoclayto

Likes Bikes
Just after a little bit of help here.

Again looking at bikes.

Has anyone ridden the Mongoose Canaan? What were your thoughts? Does anyone own one?

I rode on on sunday at the 8 hour, and it was awesome at first, but the position felt odd, i'm just wondering if it was the setup or if the bike actually has an odd setup.
Highly DON"T recommend the Mongoose Caanan.....My mate bought one and it is very very fast for cross country, however he snapped the frame (yes the frame) during the 100km race up at coffs harbour!

That was only after 3 months. He now has a giant Trance and is much happier with that.

Hope that helps

DarrenHunt

Likes Dirt
Give it a go, but don't buy before you try. Or if you're wanting an enduro bike, try extensively. If you know someone that has one, go out for a ride for a fair distance, something that you might come across in an enduro race, and see what the bike feels like after being in the saddle for 6+ hours.

I'll try and scrounge up some reviews that I have.
I rode one for a lap, and i had mixed reviews about it, i'm just not sure what to think by them.
-The bike climbed really well, out of the saddle, in the saddle, it was great.
-It accellerated like a deamon
-descended pretty well as well

BUT! The lap i did on that bike was my slowest lap by 1 1/2 minutes.
-I think the frame was too small for me.
-The seat was about 1-1.5 inches too low
-i like skiny handle bars.

Should position on the bike change your time by this much, even if you are on a lighter faster bike?

splunk

Likes Dirt
Plus you probably not used to the tyres, brakes, gears etc, which may be the reason to posted a slower lap time.

rocketman87

Likes Bikes
Should position on the bike change your time by this much, even if you are on a lighter faster bike?
yes. especially because of the saddle height and the size of the frame. Both can lead to you feeling cramped and stooped over on the bike, this in turn changes how well you breathe. saddle height would also mess with your pedalling action.