AM Canfield Balance 2015 The First one Built in the World 650b

JJ1989

Likes Bikes
This is my new 2015 Canfield Balance 650b, The first one to be built in the world. I was contacted by Canfield and they said it was the first one to be built in the world. Thanks to rod at Crankin for importing the Frame and parts and also building the bike.
Frame - Canfield Balance Med
Rear shock - Cane Creek DB Air CS
Front shock/fork - Rock Shox RCT3 160mm
Handlebars -Spank Spoon 762
Stem - Hope Spank Spike Bearclaw Signature Series
Headset - Reverse
Grips - Raceface Half Nelson
Saddle - SDG Belair Ti Rails
Seatpost - Raceface (Will be getting KS Lev Integra Dropper Post)
Front brake - XT
Rear brake - XT
Cranks - XT
Chain - Shimano
Chain Ring - Works Narrow Wide 34T
Pedals - Spank Spike
Rear derailleur -XT
Rear shifter - XT
Cassette - Shimano XT
Front hub - Canfield
Rear hub - Canfield
Front rim - Canfield 27.5
Rear rim - Canfield 27.5
Tyres - Schwalbe Hans Dampf 27.5

Attachments

Useless

Likes Dirt
nice build mate!
interested in a ride report because i'm considering one of these for my soon to be AM build.

JJ1989

Likes Bikes
Ride Report

Hey mate,
I have only ridden it at my local trails Tuggers Pines with Jumps and Berms and a little technical sections. She jumps well, pedals so well, so easy to get speed. she corners well. The more I ride, the more confident and the better i feel at riding the bike. I have ridden her up a fire road uphill and she pedals well, i'll have to wait till i ride Stromlo to the top I will have a better idea. All up I'm stoked on the bike!

NoFilter

Likes Dirt
Man, that's amazing. Looks pretty burly, have you weighed it? I'm in the market for a new AM rig, looking for something unique. This is certainly unique! Stunning.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Looks awesome - I still cry a little every time I think of my The One frame. Had I bought it five years earlier when when riding was a little more dh and a little less trail it would have been perfect.

Huge props to Crankin as well. I got my frame direct from Canfield and they were awesome. The crankin pricing is right on the money and it seems their support for buyers is in line with Canfield's approach.