Cane creek angleset lowering your bb ?

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Hey there was wondering how much a cc angleset with -1 bottom cup will lower your bb ? Also running the top drop crown on boxxers will that raise your bb or just slacken off your head angle ?
Cheers
Dan

It would only lower it negligible amount I would image. Less than a centimetre.

Only hazarding a guess here.

Drop crown won't lower your BB or change the HA, only get your bars nice and low.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Angleset head set will change your bb height slightly depending on the angle you set.

Drop crown will make your bike look dicky. Sure it lets you push the stanchion lower and thus increase your front end height, which will slacken your head angle but lift your bb but why on earth would you want to do that,

Last edited:

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the info peeps. I have to run the top drop crown because I won't achieve 200mm of travel with out it because of my headtube length. Is there any recommendation on how much distance is minimum that you have to have from the top of your lowers to the bottom of the lower crown ? Also if I use that calculator to work our my bb height, what would be the height of 2012 world cups ???
Cheers

driftking

Wheel size expert
Pretty sure you can just throw a few spacers under the top crown to make up for the low stack of the headtube. The higher you raise the front end the higher the BB will go. An exaggerated way to look at it is like pulling the front of the bike up off the ground. The BB get higher as the bike pivots up.
Because we are talking about minimal changes here it will do almost nothing to the BB the biggest thing is going to be weight positioning, a higher front end will put the weight further back. While slightly angling the bike back (only slightly won't really notice). Lower ends are more aggressive.

For this though its better running a drop crown to get the frame as low and aggressive as possible then use a few spacers to raise the bars back up. The flat crown will steepen the newfangled by 1degree. My commencal went from a 64 stock to 65 with the flat. A angle set or sleeve will slacken it back though :)

With that said look at many riders in the World Cup cuircut and thy have started raising their bars now days. It's above fine tuning for you,

As for the crown to crown yes there is a minimal measurement, I'm not sure what it is for your fork but my 2011 boxxer is 156 +/- 2mm
you should have 2mm from the top of the stanchion to the top of the first crown.
Than from the bottom of the first crown to the top of the second crown (for me) its 156+/-2mm
Then you should have at least 203mm under the crown to the lowers (travel)

Last edited:

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Haha cheers drift king I got lost in half of that. Wouldn't putting spacers under my drop crown just make the front end higher ? It has a direct mount stem and am only running the drop crown to achieve full travel. I checked the distance from the top of the lowers to the bottom of my bottom crown and I could raise the staunchins 10mm up past the top crown. Hope the make offset shock bushes for a 2012 cove shocker to get the bb a bit lower. 14.3 is bb height on it compared to 13.8 which was my operator.

Last edited:

driftking

Wheel size expert
Yeah I meant put them under the flat crown to achieve a setting between a full flat and a drop.
Now that said it won't work anyway so ignore it. It will work but not for your situation.

Putting a flat crown on will mean the fork stanchions will come through the crowns and restrict travel, putting a spacer under it will just increase this again. The spacer is to get a correct crown to crown measurement.

What is your crown to crown? Measurement and what sort of travel are you getting with a flat crown?

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/W...1_boxxer_world_cup_technical_manual_rev_b.pdf

Page 21 gives you what you need. The measurement above and between the crowns matter. That all you need to work with.

Last edited: