Canada trip advice / help needed

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Just a feeq questions because I know how many Aussie's head over to Canada for the summer someimte in their riding. In 2013 I am likley going to be heading to Canada in the summer with friends for riding and need some general info and advice. I am thinking of basing myself in Whistler and going to other bike parks and races from there.

A) Is this the best place to base myself in regards to cheap accomodation (if you know of any realy good value accomodation please let me know) and the quality of tracks, I am looking forward to riding all the jump tracks and stuff but I am doing this to progress my riding / racing, are there enough race training like tracks there or nearby?

B) How should I travel to the other bike parks (e.g. Panorama, Sun Peaks, Silver Star, Mt Washington...) and races and what would be the cheapest accomodation options? bearing in mind money efficency.

C) What races would you reccomend, I am currently thinking of doing BC Cup races, Canadian Open, Canada cup and Canadian National Champs (assuming non-Canadians can race this..?)... other races?

D) Anybody who been a local or who has done this kind of thing got any tips?

Thanks!

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My advice to you as someone who has lived there twice is to read the 20000 other "riding in canada" threads that have been posted on here over the years. Most of the info is still relevant even if it is a 2 year old thread.

.......but I do strongly recommend racing (or riding) at Moose Mountain. Its about 45minutes from Calgary, A.B. and a few hours from Golden, B.C. www.mmbts.com

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I'd have a very close look at your travel insurance policy wording if you are planning on racing. Lots don't cover bike racing and a trip to a hospital could easily cost you tens of thousands of dollars over there.