Can you buy just one crank?

GTP.

Likes Bikes
The other day I got a bit too sideways and smashed my left pedal into a log resulting in a crank which is twisted and has a severely striped thread. The right side crank is fine so I was wondering if it is possible to buy just the left side crank by itself? The cranks are FSA V-drive extremes (165mm).

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably your best bet is to chuck up a request in the 'Wanted to buy' section here. I've never seen single cranks available new.
Another option is to hit up your LBS and see if they have any lying around. You probably won't get the same type of crank but if you're not fussy you may find one that does the trick. I did that and my LBS gave me some old crank for nix which did the job just fine till I could save up for new 'uns.

(PS: Props to Col's Bicycles in Belconnen, Canberra for looking after me on that one!)

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and1 said:
Cant you just get the thread retapped?
Its twisted aswell!

I dont know about FSA but a mate got truvativ (dirt works) to sell them just one crank arm cuz he fucked it up. Call the distributor!!

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
You can buy just the left hand fsa vdrive crank arm. You can't buy the right though. :eek:

S.

ex offender
Kalem on here smashed his crank up too (it was also a V-drive), but I *think* he did the right hand side one... PM him and ask.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
j5ive said:
You can buy just the left hand fsa vdrive crank arm. You can't buy the right though. :eek:
:confused: that is really weird. it makes you wonder what the point of selling just the left arm is.. i'm sure that if you asked they could sell you a rightie?