Calling all Scott Voltage owners

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
So, I have another "what are your thoughts" thread.

Still on the hunt for a bike to replace my old Giant DH comp.

I have stumbled across a 2011 Scott Voltage FR20 long.

My main concern is there are some conflicting posts about if I will be comfortable on it being 6'5".

I don't do anything I would consider proper DH, red hill now and then while my regular stomping group it Lysterfield.

Also head out to YY now and then.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks in advance!

mlucko

Likes Dirt
So, I have another "what are your thoughts" thread.

Still on the hunt for a bike to replace my old Giant DH comp.

I have stumbled across a 2011 Scott Voltage FR20 long.

My main concern is there are some conflicting posts about if I will be comfortable on it being 6'5".

I don't do anything I would consider proper DH, red hill now and then while my regular stomping group it Lysterfield.

Also head out to YY now and then.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks in advance!
I had a 2011 FR10 for nearly a year. Bought it cos I'm no DH racer, I just liked doing jumps, I rode Maldon, Black Hill, You yangs and a bunch of different private tracks. It did everything that I asked of it perfectly, It jumps awesome, corners really really well, can handle it when the going gets rough.. It was perfect really. I had it in both the long and the short settings, I had the Short frame and I'm like 5'11" and it was good...
My only thing was that I just couldn't really get into it, It performed flawlessly, It just wasnt a bike for me..

dontfeelcold

Likes Dirt
That bike will be too small for you. You will be able to ride it but you will feel much more comfortable on something that is ergonomic for you.

Kona Entourage in a large with a 60mm stem is the way to go for the unvertically challenged. :) If you get one and need advice on fork and shock setup PM me.

I am 6'4" and ride a large Kona Operator with a 60mm stem.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Hmm.

Thanks for the responses guys. Iihht have to look into an entourage.

Being tall and wanting to dh/fr is a pain in the star. :(

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Hmm, also had an opportunity to pick up a 2012 Lapierre 720DH long for 1800, but seems too small again.

Sigh.

nelson-dh

Likes Bikes
as matty said above (mlucko) voltage FR are mad! they do everything you ask! i also have one ride with the old chap! but yes i would recommend getting one! and to sort out your height i would just change stem and bars and your set!

cheers

dontfeelcold

Likes Dirt
The Voltage is a much shorter frame than an Entourage. The OP will fit on the Kona better than the Scott. The geometry is close enough that with both bikes setup properly they will ride the same.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the input guys.

I've contacted the seller of the Scott and indicated it's not him, it's me.

So this weekend I am going out to have a look at the Kona Enourage, the appeal being how simple it is and the fact it's new.

Checking out two bikes this weekend, so HOPEFULLY i will be out of the trails this weekend. :)

*fingers crossed*