Cadel Evans becomes first Australian to win Road World Championship

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did he smile in post-race interviews? I'm sick of seeing his Sad Puppy face on TV!

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Good on ya Caddy!

can someone help spanky understand exactly what he won?.... So, they run a race and a timetrial during a multi day event or is the event the "Road World Titles"... and whoever gets the fastest overall time wins? Or has spanky once again missed something important...

and next year the time trial and race will be held in geelong melbourne?

not sure what you've won caddy, but good on ya....

s

tombre2

Likes Dirt
Top job Cadel, you proved your critics wrong.

Good on ya Caddy!

can someone help spanky understand exactly what he won?.... So, they run a race and a timetrial during a multi day event or is the event the "Road World Titles"... and whoever gets the fastest overall time wins? Or has spanky once again missed something important...
Cadel won the right to wear the rainbow jersey during all road race stages & events for a year. Fabien Cancellara won the right to wear the rainbow jersey in any TT event or stage.

hope that helps spanky

Last edited:

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Spanky - it was a one day 260 odd km road race - each country had about 8 riders each.
Congrats Cadel - if you are going to win one race all season may well be world champs:cool:

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wish I had watched it all now. I gave up just after half way. It was on One HD last night. 19 laps of the course in Lugarno or theirabouts in Switzerland. All the locals were for Cancellara of course. I must say I prefer a lack of laps in road racing, esp when the scenery is so good, but I guess the on-course spectators get to see so much more this way.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Cadel won the right to wear the rainbow jersey during all road race stages & events for a year. Fabien Cancellara won the right to wear the rainbow jersey in any TT event or stage.

hope that helps spanky
Spanky - it was a one day 260 odd km road race - each country had about 8 riders each.
yeah, thanks guys... just needed a little bit of clarification...

s

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
It was the best Ive seen Cadel ride, he made all the right moves and was clearly very strong. I think everyone was waiting for Gerrans not Cadel which meant he wasn't a marked man.

Did everyone think it was a pretty average celebration at the end though? He just waved at the crowd, no hands in the air or anything.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
It was the best Ive seen Cadel ride, he made all the right moves and was clearly very strong. I think everyone was waiting for Gerrans not Cadel which meant he wasn't a marked man.

Did everyone think it was a pretty average celebration at the end though? He just waved at the crowd, no hands in the air or anything.
Only time cadel shows emotion is if his little dog is being harrassed by media:D

Personally i thought it was good to see a subdued celebration instead rocking baby, shooting arrows etc etc. Been such a hard year for cadel - i reckon he was just relieved for it to be over. Also unlike most of the roadies, Cadel virtually rides and attacks on his own all season - - probably too f..kd to carry on:D

Sign him up Lance

kiwisimon

Squid
Also unlike most of the roadies, Cadel virtually rides and attacks on his own all season - - probably too f..kd to carry on:D

Sign him up Lance
Trouble is he then bitched about not having any support after solo attcking all the time. Hopefully this win will get him into a good team that can actually work to getting him a GC win on a GT. Lance and Cadel wouldn't go so well. Lance would still be the number two rider on the team. I hope he goes to Sky.
Congrats Cadel!

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trouble is he then bitched about not having any support after solo attcking all the time. Hopefully this win will get him into a good team that can actually work to getting him a GC win on a GT. Lance and Cadel wouldn't go so well. Lance would still be the number two rider on the team. I hope he goes to Sky.
Congrats Cadel!
But if he had a strong team he wouldnt have to go on solo attacks, he cant afford to attack all the time but he has to.

Heres a link for the win http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z__ZGCD9M9Y&feature=related

fop1

Likes Bikes
knew i should have watched it. Good stuff from Cadel . How long does he have with silence lotto? i thought it was another year?

jumpers

Likes Dirt
any . Lance and Cadel wouldn't go so well. Lance would still be the number two rider on the team. I hope he goes to Sky.
Congrats Cadel!
Lance number 2 rider???? dont say that to him, he was no 1 on astana this yr (much to contadors disgust!!!):D
Lance has said he will win 2010 tdf then retire frm tdf leavn door open for new leader. Yeh i know it wont happen but can only dream:rolleyes: