Byron Bay Downhill

dupes

Squid
Just wondering if any one knows of any downhill runs around byron bay?
will be down there in a couple of weeks so ant info would be good.
thanks

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks
There all in Nerange national park i think that`s the way you spell it . Try a search on this sight to try and hook up with local ridders .

iridedh

Likes Dirt
thanks
mate mount tamborine and nerang are about one hour away from byron, but both are very nice places to ride, im there nearly every weekend, if you keen let me know, and i take you there

dupes

Squid
thanks guys, i ride those places to but was goin down to byron for the weekend and just wanted to see if there was anything down there to ride.

bpow

Likes Dirt
search this site for goonengerry
also up in nightcap NP (not real DH but beautiful).

Last edited:

brindog

Likes Dirt
Uralba is more xc/trail riding.
Apparently there's a DH track at Lismore, but can't help you on where it is.
Would like to know myself, cause I have heard a bit about it.

p.s probably good Idea to ring a LBS is the Lismore Area.
Lismores only down the road from byron.

Last edited:

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
hay guys each holidays i go up to my dads in lismore and sadly that means go 1-2 weeks and sometimes more without riding! i was wondering if there any dirt jumps or dh tracks other than mt tamborine and nerang, also it would be great if there was some info on that lismore dh track?

darsh

Likes Dirt
If you are in byron, check out the lbs down near the woolies end of town, guys in there should be able to help you out

Dilze87

Likes Bikes
Guys there's only one proper dh track around Lismore and that's out at bently at a place called bungabee state forest, as for a dh track in Lismore there's nothing really, few xc tracks that's about it

murfmtb

Likes Bikes
i live 20 mins from byron and i have 4 dh tracks 1 min long and they will push your limits.can be shuttled it the dry.and bungabee is sick to i know heaps who ride there and have said its awesome.

youngi

Likes Bikes
well Bungabee DH track is over an hour drive from Byron so I wouldn't really call it close to Byron, it's half way between Lismore and Kyogle.

dunndog

Eats Squid
So I'm digging this thread up cos I'll be in Byron for a week from Thursday and would love to know where a dh track or some good aggro descending stuff is.. sounds like bungabee might be a goer? anyone who wants to pm me and hook a brother up will be generously compensated and eternally thanked!

caffleck

Cannon Fodder
Digging this up...
20 min from Byron murfmtb?
PM me!
Hey im new to rotorburn. Do you guy live around byron and ride down hill?? Im keen as to ride with more people, actually anyone really all the boy i ride with dont want to do it any more or injuried! pls hit me up if your keen and we'll go for a pedal!!

murfmtb

Likes Bikes
Depends what u are going to bring there is a xc park just opened up at Byron bay farm stay its like 5 min out of Byron! Or depends when your down might be able to do some dh at mine .