Buying trials

sharp

like a spoon
Hey guys. I have recently been interested in getting into trials and I was wondering whether anyone could give us a hand on what are the top brands for trials bikes, price ranges,and whether it's a build job or are there completes out there. Any advice or help would be appreciated. Cheers sharp

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
The Monty's seem good.
There are a few world champs that use them.

There was a blurb in AMB that said something like 'Mention you saw the ad in the mag and you get a discount'. I'll have a dig around and see if I can find it.

http://www.trials.com.au/content/in...s-coming-soon&catid=29:sponsor-news&Itemid=40

Motocentral has been appointed as official importers for the MONTY range in Australia. Initially we will be importing the KAMEL 218, 219 & top of the line KAMEL 220 20" Trials range. The first shipment is on their way & will be available soon. Introductory pricing has been set at: 218 $695. 219 $1195. 220 $1950.

Keep in mind there are different sized wheels (20", 24" 26"), for a 26" you could check out Tarty bikes. They have some pretty nice stuff but very boutique, and most likely a special order from OS.

I have also seen guys doing trials on the cheap with really small STP's and super long stems converted to single speed with really wide bars, seat dropped right down. Sounds a bit dodgy, but for getting some skills and doing it on the cheap this could be an option as well.

For more information contact motocentral on 02-62480229 sales@motocentral.com.au
www.monty.es

Monty 218 $695

Monty 219 $1195

Monty 220 $1950

Monty 221 $-???

Last edited:

Lilley

Likes Dirt
Sent you a PM.

Also check out the trials sub forum of rotorburn, while it isn't a big community there are a few threads there from people also starting out that might give you some good ideas for getting started.