Buying New Bike

MitchyG

Cannon Fodder
Hey guys and girls.
I am going to buying a new bike hopefully soon. Im just really starting DJ and i dont want anything overly good but i dont want something crap either.
At the moment I've been looking at the new 2010 GT ruckus DX (i cant give links sorry). What do you guys think? Good choice or would something else be better to start on?

yeah man you should go with somthing like a STP or a kona. I have a 08 Mongoose fireball, which was $1000 but now ive modded it its great. You can get a much better bike than the GT for a similar price just look round you local bike shops or just check the for sale section, theres plenty of bargains in there :)

charlie.c

Likes Bikes
The DX is $1300 USD which is about $1400 AUD
I would go the UF it's single speed which if your are riding DJ, Street and park you will probably convert to anyway (gears break and you wont use them), it has horizontal dropouts rather than vertical which is good for ss and it is $800 USD which is about $850 AUD, so plenty of change.

If you want to race 4X go for gears, most brands have both SS and geared options.

But also look into Giant STP's I had one and there are allot of people who love that frame as a cheap bike.
others to check out: Felt, Kona, Scott, specialized all have good stock jump bikes that vary in price range.

If you are on a website checking out these prices they are often in USD unless you are on the Aus website, so if you want to buy from a shop, better to go in and ask. Otherwise online you can get a pretty good price check out www.chainreactioncycles.com
www.dropnzone.com
www.torpedo7.com.au

Second hand can be good, but you have to be careful that parts are not cracked or have to be replaced too soon because that will cost you more.

Good luck man, sorry lots to take in :D