Buying bike parts from overseas, shipping time estimates and methods ?

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Yes my bike parts arrived!

Magic Mary Super Trail Soft x 2
Hans Dampf Super Gravity Soft x 2

SKS Airchecker
Stans DART refill
e*thirteen quick fill tubeless valves

Other bits..
Are you going too try you get your VAT back at the airport? I've seen the counter but never tried.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Could have posted that. I thought you were filling yer bags with geoblock paraphernalia.
If I add the delivery costs then I'm spending another €45. And to be honest, I actually wanted the Continentala from R2 which also had much better geoblocked pricing like chains etc. So instead I bought an extra Magic Mary :)

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Make sure to take them on as Carry-on so the -38degree temperatures in the cargo hold doesn't degrade your fresh treads and render them useless.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Make sure to take them on as Carry-on so the -38degree temperatures in the cargo hold doesn't degrade your fresh treads and render them useless.
Don't stress, they're Schwalbes - it won't matter.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The strange thing is all the other sellers except Bike24 have raised their shipping to €40, Hibike still on €22.
Just putting an order together, a couple of price changes on German sites. Sad to see my regular BC go up but happy as I have been ordering quite a bit of stuff from R2 in the past year.

R2 has stock of what I want and the 20 euro difference in shipping has swung the order to them. Getting greedy BC :mad:

Update on postage prices.

BikeComponents - €49.99 - Up 10 euro.
Bike24 - €39.99 - UP 20 euros from €19.99 mid 2023, which was my last order.
HiBike - €22.90 - Same but have asked for extra from some buyers here in recent years. Stock isn't great
R2 Bike - €29.50 - Down from 40 euros flat for under 600 euro order.
Bike-Discount - €41 UP but its been a while, last paid equivalent of €20 as they price in $au.

Last edited:

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Just putting an order together, a couple of price changes on German sites. Sad to see my regular BC go up but happy as I have been ordering quite a bit of stuff from R2 in the past year.

R2 has stock of what I want and the 20 euro difference in shipping has swung the order to them. Getting greedy BC :mad:

Update on postage prices.

BikeComponents - €49.99 - Up 10 euro.
Bike24 - €39.99 - UP 20 euros from €19.99 mid 2023, which was my last order.
HiBike - €22.90 - Same but have asked for extra from some buyers here in recent years. Stock isn't great
R2 Bike - €29.50 - Down from 40 euros flat for under 600 euro order.
Bike-Discount - €41 UP but its been a while, last paid equivalent of €20 as they price in $au.
They also have the best price on Conti tyres :)