Building trails down at Elthem!

NeeBean

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, me and my mate are building some jumps in a tight area. We want to make them big but they keep falling down and cracking. Any tips on how to make them last longer than a week. Haha! Any help will be greatfull.:)

{|DAN|}

Likes Dirt
Have you got access to carpet? Put some on, it helps to stop cracking pretty well. Also try to water them and smooth them off regularly.

Bocaj1994

Likes Dirt
put the dirt down in layers umm about 30cm thick and wet the layer before the next layer that may help...but what do i know i have never built a jump

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Trails in eltham?
Good luck, there's been that many spots over the years and every single one has been shut down.
'Specially this time of the year because its so god damn dry.

NeeBean

Likes Dirt
yes that is true but me and my mate have found a new location which almos no one knows about and there is a small water reoviour near by so we have the waer.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yes that is true but me and my mate have found a new location which almos no one knows about and there is a small water reoviour near by so we have the waer.
And i'll say it again. Good luck. We had a mint spot, that no-one knew of for 10+ months and we had it for 3 years before it got dozed in a spot you wouldn't think they could get a bobcat into.
Best bet if you've got access to water is to make the last ft or there abouts as solid mud and then wait for it to fully set before riding it.

NeeBean

Likes Dirt
And i'll say it again. Good luck. We had a mint spot, that no-one knew of for 10+ months and we had it for 3 years before it got dozed in a spot you wouldn't think they could get a bobcat into.
Best bet if you've got access to water is to make the last ft or there abouts as solid mud and then wait for it to fully set before riding it.
there is your problem right there, your to negative, have faith

Peter S

Likes Bikes
mmm ALL trails will get knocked down. unless on private property or you have the owners/council permission. matty isnt being negative he is telling the truth. Post pics of your trails so far.