Bowen Mountain ride info request, (near Kurrajong in Blue Mountains).

terraburn

Squid
Anyone have recent / good info on rides in this area?

All I found is this:
http://hartfoundation.net/2011/2011BowenMountain.htm

From memory (years ago), someone also mentioned a "backroad" down Bellbird Hill (Bells Line of Road) that is dirt and/or has no cars (???)
Any info gratefully accepted.

Reason for info request is I am house/dog sitting in the mountains near Bowen Mountain over Easter and am trying to compile info on all the local ride possibilities in the Kurrajong area.

Thanks for any helpful info.

Cave001

Likes Bikes
local rider

wasnt sure if i should start a new thread or not but since this one is here i thought i would use it.

Just seening if anyone still rides here or around the area, i live near by and just looking for local riders and ride spots apart from firetrails. i know theres barralow fire trail and patersons range rd that lead to the barralow camp ground.

mrx78u

Likes Dirt
Was my turf growing up. Not much in the way of singletrack around, you might still find some old dirt jumps in the bush off Burralow Rd. There's an old dirt road which runs off the side of bells line just below the speed camera and pops out near the little primary school, otherwise you can ride through from Kurrajong heights to Bilpin or to Bowen mountain. For Bowen mountain, take the left turn off Burralow Rd just after the gate and through another gate then just follow the fire road which will take you to just near the Bowen mountain observatory.

wasnt sure if i should start a new thread or not but since this one is here i thought i would use it.

Just seening if anyone still rides here or around the area, i live near by and just looking for local riders and ride spots apart from firetrails. i know theres barralow fire trail and patersons range rd that lead to the barralow camp ground.

Cave001

Likes Bikes
Was my turf growing up. Not much in the way of singletrack around, you might still find some old dirt jumps in the bush off Burralow Rd. There's an old dirt road which runs off the side of bells line just below the speed camera and pops out near the little primary school, otherwise you can ride through from Kurrajong heights to Bilpin or to Bowen mountain. For Bowen mountain, take the left turn off Burralow Rd just after the gate and through another gate then just follow the fire road which will take you to just near the Bowen mountain observatory.

Cheers man I'll checkout the one near the speed camera, I've been all around Bowen mountain fire trails just the odd track here and there.