BMXer Dies!

sgt. hippo

Likes Bikes
wow.... poor kid... i've had too many bike accidents to count, but i've neva heard anything like this before... i feel really sorry for his family and friends.

R.I.P man "ride like the wind!"

shredder dj

Likes Dirt
Reading that will just make you think, is it worth hitting this jump? What could happen... it's really scary stuff.

R.I.P Alex

new guy

Likes Dirt
alex webb

I know many people who new him was a verry grim day at school today sad to lose such a youngster

conman

Likes Dirt
My heart goes out to the family, town and school. It made me so sad to hear this especially for a little boy that had his whole life ahead of him. I just saw on the news that he was going to be a future goalie for Australia. My family and i are very sad about this accident and our support goes out to his family and friends.

R.I.P Alex.

dillon22

Likes Dirt
It's always so sad to hear about storys like this. And its shattering when you see one of his close friends so upset when theres not much you can do. It also really hits home when its around your area and you either knew the promising youngster or people that did.
My best wishes go out to his friends and family.
RIP Alex

yeah this happened only about 15kms from my place, 2 big jumps at monbulk BMX, some gnarly 12yr olds out there, no bar ends on puncturing his neck, mums best friends daughter was in his class
Hmmmmmmm.....You got the 2 big jumps right

Gnarly 12 year old : WRONG:mad:
No Bar Ends : WRONG:(
Punctured Neck : WRONG:eek:

That gnarly comment was a shocker, highly disrespectful and completely wrong. Why would one be so judgmental of a little guy who everyone said was a shining star. Alex, shined here, and will shine where he is now.

I would think an apology post is in order here from Norco. He would have read the local papers to have gained a better understanding and should right a wrong.

Either that, or the forum should consider placing this forum on a member read only basis, so others (non members) don't read silly posts like that one. It doesn't reflect well on the forum, when members talk of the passed on in this manner.

Thank you for allowing me to register and to compose this post. No hard feelings, even to norco. We can all make comments which are a little nonsense at times....but when it comes to the death of a hills local....I think in the bush spirit of the hills......cmon norco, show us what your made of :D.

Last edited:

jamsta

Jamsta Grafix
Hmmmmmmm.....You got the 2 big jumps right

Gnarly 12 year old : WRONG:mad:
No Bar Ends : WRONG:(
Punctured Neck : WRONG:eek:

That gnarly comment was a shocker, highly disrespectful and completely wrong. Why would one be so judgmental of a little guy who everyone said was a shining star. Alex, shined here, and will shine where he is now.

I would think an apology post is in order here from Norco. He would have read the local papers to have gained a better understanding and should right a wrong.

Either that, or the forum should consider placing this forum on a member read only basis, so others (non members) don't read silly posts like that one. It doesn't reflect well on the forum, when members talk of the passed on in this manner.

Thank you for allowing me to register and to compose this post. No hard feelings, even to norco. We can all make comments which are a little nonsense at times....but when it comes to the death of a hills local....I think in the bush spirit of the hills......cmon norco, show us what your made of :D.
What a horrible accident for a young bloke [or anyone] to go through. My heart goes out to the family.

What I'm confussed about is why does Norco have to apologise? :confused:

Below is what Norco posted :-

yeah this happened only about 15kms from my place, 2 big jumps at monbulk BMX, some gnarly 12yr olds out there, no bar ends on puncturing his neck, mums best friends daughter was in his class
"Gnarly" means rough....and he referred to Alex as that. I just don't feel it holds any weight to refer to him in this manner. Even if he was rough (which he wasn't) to speak of the passed on in this manner makes me feel flat.

I just wish to add....that although this one comment was negative, I am sure friends and family of Alex will be very appreciative of the lovely posts you have all expressed in here. Our monbulk community is very close, yet we open our arms wider to all, especially when you show support for one of our own....So many thanks.

Alex really was/is a beautiful boy. His family showing such strength and dignity through such diversity.
[/SIZE]

Such a terrible and tragic accident. My sincere condolences go our to his family and friends. I understand, based on the information conveyed in the news, Alex was well respected at his school and a avid sports person. With Monbulk being the small community it is I'm sure everyone has been left feeling a huge sense of loss.

Hopefully everyone, council included, realises that this was a freak occurrence and that there was no real way to prevent this from happening. It could've happened to anyone, anywhere at anytime and it's just very, very unfortunate that it's happened to someone so young that had their whole life ahead of them.

I wouldn't like for anyone to consider the following statement as inappropriate but maybe it would be nice of the council to bulldoze the mounds of dirt that are currently there, rebuild it properly and maybe consider renaming the reserve in Alex's honour.

Once again my heart felt condolences to all that were close to Alex.

Stay safe out there peoples.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Firstly i would like to apologise for any false impressions i may have given,
Secondly i never stated that Alex himself was a gnarly 12yr old bmx'er, i made a generalisation from what i have observed.
Thirdly i do apologise for the mistake i made about pucturing his neck, i was wrong on this count.
But, Fourthly my mothers best freinds daughter was in his class and was quiet distraught over the issue so please do not state that i was wrong here, as well as her my girl friends close friend was also in his class and was very emotional when anything to do with school, the diceased or cycling was mentioned.
Finally, i do apologise for any lack-of-respect i have shown and any mis-judgement i have expressed towards the matter.
Thanks and regards.
Rest in peace...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Thanks for the apology mate, it's good to sort that out nicely. Although for what it's worth, I would never have thought use of the world "gnarly" in that contect as an aspersion on someone's character; I suppose that's the problem with the ambiguity of an evolving idiom.

Whilst we're resolving ambiguity, I don't think jamsta (below) was debating the point at all, willough: whilst 'norco-vps' was the member you were requesting an apology from, 'Norco' is a prominent bicycle company, one Jamsta works for, from memory. I think that's where that confusion came from.

Thanks for the apology mate, it's good to sort that out nicely. Although for what it's worth, I would never have thought use of the world "gnarly" in that contect as an aspersion on someone's character; I suppose that's the problem with the ambiguity of an evolving idiom.
I second that. Obviously this is a VERY sensitive topic so either choose your words wisely or keep it to yourself.

Alex was someone's son, he has a family and he's someone's best friend- remember that.

And remember that it could happen to anyone of us at any given time; we're only flesh and blood.

Firstly i would like to apologise for any false impressions i may have given,
Secondly i never stated that Alex himself was a gnarly 12yr old bmx'er, i made a generalisation from what i have observed.
Thirdly i do apologise for the mistake i made about pucturing his neck, i was wrong on this count.
But, Fourthly my mothers best freinds daughter was in his class and was quiet distraught over the issue so please do not state that i was wrong here, as well as her my girl friends close friend was also in his class and was very emotional when anything to do with school, the diceased or cycling was mentioned.
Finally, i do apologise for any lack-of-respect i have shown and any mis-judgement i have expressed towards the matter.
Thanks and regards.
Rest in peace...
Thank you very much for your apology. It is very much appreciated. My reason for expressing my thoughts through here to you is that I wish for you to understand that when one writes in open forums, all people can read what you write. Including the family, dear boy. I understand your friends would be very upset by the ordeal, many people are. Foremost though, for the sake of the deceased's family, not friends (one day you will come to realise friends come and go, but family are always here)....one should always write about these matters with utter respect, or not speak at all if you feel negative about the matter (I dont think you feel negative).

I have heard in here via PM that you are a good boy Rhys and I do not feel that you are malicious or anything like that. Not trying to by mumsy here, but I do hope you have learnt perhaps to make sure you think before you type....written words in forums can seem harsh, and unfortunately when it's in writing, everyone can see it.

You have been very brave to come in and respond to me. You are a teenager who has dealt with your post very responsibly with feelings probably beyond your age...I hold much pride that even though I do not know you, that we have responsible kids growing up like you who can, mend their errors.

Well done buddy....and again brave boy, THANK YOU for apologising.

MBPL

Banned
Words

Words are inadequate to console parents, relatives and friends of our fellow rider.
We share your grief and care.

Last edited: