bmx or dj/jump

tomshady3

Squid
ey guys
question for some one can give me a hand?
ive being riding bmx my whole life but have only recently began doing bigger dirt jumps i like the feel of a bmx but would a dj/hardtail be better suited for jumping and are they easier too jump??
cheers
tom

LeeAndBee

Squid
A hardtail wont necessarily by easier to jump if that's what you're implying. But you shouldn't be looking for the easy option anyway - otherwise you'll get sick of it :p.

charlie.c

Likes Bikes
I think it depends on what the jumps are like, if you are used to BMX, and ride really smooth well maintained trails then a BMX would probs be the best way to go, but if you are riding rougher jumps, then a DJ MTB could be the go, a bit smoother, but wont be any easier.

tomshady3

Squid
A hardtail wont necessarily by easier to jump if that's what you're implying. But you shouldn't be looking for the easy option anyway - otherwise you'll get sick of it :p.
ahhk
well i can jump bmxs avergage but dont wanna by a dj and not be able to jump it
cheers
man

Adam64

Likes Bikes
I used to ride bmx (not very well!!) and have just bought a hardtail...hardtails feel much more comfy to jump as they are bigger and have shocks on the front. Thats just my opinion but I feel better on a hardtail :)

oneill793

Likes Bikes
I used to ride bmx before i bought my hardtail and now im never going back
Dont know why but i just couldnt get the hang of dirt jumping on the bmx, but i can jump fine on the new bike

aero165

Likes Dirt
I used to ride BMX. BMX is the best for park riding but for DJ a MTB is the way to go in my opinion

Zac Ride Bike

Likes Bikes
i think a bmx is easier to trick on familiar jumps but once you get to massive trails bmx is a bit risky im having the same problem i want mtb so i get used tot he jump then take a bmx to it and do tricks.